How Do You Choose The Right Breed?

gusgem

I'd go the GSP... but then i have a soft spot for all types of pointers :thumbsup:

I am currently training my English pointer boy in Obedience and then hopefully aglity and I am loving it. He is from european feild lines and hes got a completely different energy to my girls, he is so fun to train and whilst he doesnt pick up on things the same way my friends aussie do its great watching him learn and progress!!!:thumbsup:

Edited by Nevafollo

If your aim is agility and obedience, go to some trials and watch the different working styles, talk to the owners of successful dogs. For obedience any of those 3 breeds would be fine. For agility I would probably lean towards the GSP as being the best build for speed and less injuries. Of course the ferrari of agility dogs is the Border Collie :D but lots of other breeds do agility very well.

I agree with this (though I prefer Kelpies :D )

I think a GSP would be better build for agility, but I would recommend going to a dog show and meet dogs of both breeds and talk to some breeders, that should help in your decision