Allergy Elimination Diet -is Barf Roo Acceptable?

This is a great topic and has got me motivated to do more research on finding other meat options again, can see some more sleepless nights ahead.

Anyone in the SE Vic area know where to find goat and horse meat/bones and pancreas (pig or other animal) please let me know.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had to stop the elimination diet due to him getting worse. Vet has him on Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal formula and touch wood , 2 weeks later and he is still doing doing so well, Gibbs problem is currently undiagnosed all we know is something set his stomach off, not sure if it's a certain meat, fat content or what it is. Mason i know with certainty cannot have chicken, beef or wheat. But I am very unlucky with my 2 one has allergies one has elbow dysplasia.

ETA your partners labs are they from reg breeders? To me it seems that the 'show' type labs have more issues that I know of. But then I also know a working line litter where 3 of the pups ended up with elbow dysplasia.

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Guest english.ivy

One of the labs was a rescue, so no idea where he came from and the other was from ACA Pups many, many moons ago. So both byb by my guess but lovely boys either way. I suspect both have sore joints and are being closely monitored.

Hope Gibbs keeps improving on the royal canin. Do you do hydro therapy with him? Is that even possible in Perth?

Yes, I have 'easy' dogs and never had anything to do with this sort of thing, so I'm clueless and guess I just thought Labs are tough as old boots as I have only ever been around my two :o

There is hydrotherapy at Ocean Reef vets but I just swam him myself at a lake in Lansdale. Walked him through water too at the same spot. Joint Guard is great for sore joints and I'm happy with it. Looked into cartrophen /Zydax shots but not doing them at this stage. Gbbs has made a miraculous recovery even the surgeons did not expect him to be limp free 3 months post op