Stand And Deliver!

LizT

When Crystal had her singleton she stood and delivered it, with me taking the pup into my hands to avoid a fall or pull on the placenta. When she delivered the recent three pups she got up each time and repeated this process.

My other bitch, Bonnie, who had six pups in her litter, lay down and delivered all whilst laying down.

I would imagine laying down is the norm. Seems my girl Crissy is a bit of a "bush Ranger". :laugh:

squatting in a sit with bottom a few inches off the floor. (this last litter) Most of my girls lay down though.

Angelsun had this girl delivered laying down previously then?

Ari was quite a mover... lots of back arching but it was a combination of sitting and standing... the more difficult ones she was standing.

A few weeks after her litter was born I helped a friend with hers, and her bitch stayed in the same spot the whole time, lying down... she barely moved and did very little of anything!! it was quite a surprise compared to Ari's rather active whelping.

Jazz sounds like Ari - she was quite active. moving around the box. She would lay down in between but stand up as soon as contractions started again. She only had a few visible contractions for each pup.

Jazz sounds like Ari - she was quite active. moving around the box. She would lay down in between but stand up as soon as contractions started again. She only had a few visible contractions for each pup.

Yes, that's exactly like Crystal did.

This was this girls first litter...the litter I had before with another bitch, was whelped laying down for the most part.

It will be interesting to see what position she chooses should she have a second litter.

It's quite interesting to see how different all the bitches are... Lola started standing up but finished lying down, not sure if she was tired or just finding it easier to keep track of the ones she already had in that position.