Elimination Diet

Hi everyone

I have been doing some research on elimination diets for my goldie. I get that you use one meat and one vege but at what ratio do i do it. By this I mean how much meat to vege. Do you add vitamin supplements while they are on this diet? He is book in to see a dermatologist in August but his itching is getting rather bad so thought I would start now.

Thanking you

myboyjosh

What size dog? I got a table yesterday with amounts on from my dermatologist.

[/quote

Thanks Mason_Gibbs' and persephone for your help. Josh is a 37kg goldie. I will be feeding him roo and pumpkin but as I said Im not sure of what ratio I should be feeding.

myboyjosh

Ok for a 30kg dog it says 520g meat ( protein) and 1000g carb ( veg) however I know this is too much for my dog I feed 400g meat and about 300-400g pumpkin a day, I don't like my dog to gain any weight I am happy with him at 32kgs :)

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Ok for a 30kg dog it says 520g meat ( protein) and 1000g carb ( veg) however I know this is too much for my dog I feed 400g meat and about 300-400g pumpkin a day, I don't like my dog to gain any weight I am happy with him at 32kgs :)

Thank you so much for that. It gets me well and truly on the right track. Just one more question do you add any supplements, if so what would they be?