Neuter Classes

As the title suggests, I would like to know whether any registered dog (main or limited) can participate in a neuter class?

What kind of preparation is necessary? Are these classes mainly "just for fun" considering none of the dogs would be able to breed anyway. Is there any point in entering a class with a dog that is not of "show quality" ?

Only a main registered dog can be entered in the neuter classes.

IMO you should still put some effort into training a neutered dog for show and should be of show potential (dogs that aren't should be on limited reg anyway).

The Neuter class is for desexed Main registered dogs.

Judging is to the same breed standard as ordinary conformation classes. It is not a fun pet class and a dog is expected to perform the same as any other dog at the shows.

Unfortunately when these classes first became eligible for points towards a title, there were a few dogs out there that were not up to standard, they were on the limited register for a reason. Most of the dogs we are seeing now are retired Champions and it is great to see some of these older quality dogs still enjoying showing. Not everyone can or chooses to keep entire dogs and Neuter classes still allow them to be exhibited.

The two dogs we have shown as Neuters are both Champions, one a Grand Champion desexed because we decided not to continue with his lines.

You must submit a copy of the desex certificate along with the original certificate of registration & pedigree to your Canine Control(and any fee) to have the certificate changed to reflect the fact that the dog is actually desexed.

As the title suggests, I would like to know whether any registered dog (main or limited) can participate in a neuter class?

They need to be mains registerd, you send a copy of the desexing cert to your state body and have there papers amended.

What kind of preparation is necessary? I prepare my bitch the same way i was tought to prepare an entire show dog.

Are these classes mainly "just for fun" considering none of the dogs would be able to breed anyway.It depends on who you are up against, some people take this just a seriously as a Ch tital and thats fine. I enter neuter class as another activity i can enjoy with my girl i dont particularly care if we win or not its just a fun day out with great friend's and i take my favorite dog home every time anyway

Is there any point in entering a class with a dog that is not of "show quality" ? the majority of dog's you are going against now are ex champ's and alot of them are still in there prime so if your dog only has a few minor fault's then 'why not' but you need to be aware of your competition.

If you seriously want to try it out have a chat with your breeder and they will be able to advise you, if the dog is on limited reg they can be moved to main's if your breeder agrees that the dog is of the quality that they want out in the ring promoting there kennel.

Im very happy that i have the oppertunity to enter this class it is always a gret day out and my girl loves the added atention she gets in preperation. It is also a good way to find out if you really want to become a regular shower or not :D

If you seriously want to try it out have a chat with your breeder and they will be able to advise you, if the dog is on limited reg they can be moved to main's if your breeder agrees that the dog is of the quality that they want out in the ring promoting there kennel.

I have a Chinese Crested who was on limited reg - I wasn't interested in showing when I bought her and she turned out really nice so I spoke to her breeder and we had her transferred to neuter reg.

I'm in it just for fun, my crested has a great temperament and loves attention. She was never shown prior to neuter class so we have had to do a bit of training (stand not sit etc) but she's such a character and so fun to show :)

I have a Chinese Crested who was on limited reg - I wasn't interested in showing when I bought her and she turned out really nice so I spoke to her breeder and we had her transferred to neuter reg.

I'm in it just for fun, my crested has a great temperament and loves attention. She was never shown prior to neuter class so we have had to do a bit of training (stand not sit etc) but she's such a character and so fun to show :)