Royal Canin Energy 4800

Hi all,

Am hoping to hear from people who use or have used Royal Canin Energy 4800. My dogs are eating Royal Canin Sensible but I was thinking of trying Energy out. It is recommended for show and working dogs but I am worried it may give my show dogs too much excess energy as they are not overly active. I am not worried about the fat content because I can adjust their feeding amounts accordingly. There are several reasons I am wanting to try it including that I can get it at a good price.

Please share any experiences.

I heard from the company it can give them a but too much energy, for dogs that cannot keep weight on it can help them slip back a bit.

You can always try a bag and see how it goes, the only way to tell really

Wow never heard of this food before, sounds like something I'd like to try Esky on, to give her extra pep for racing.

Given the high fat content I guess you'd have to be really careful feeding it.

I'd love to hear experience also if it's just a good food for really active dogs, or provides more energy for the slightly lazier ones ;)

I had a dog on the Eagle Pack Performance and noticed no increase in energy to be honest.

I fed it as he burned through food. I switched to Canidae as it has the sameish fat and protein content.

Ingredients list from the bag:

dehydrated poultry meat, animal fats, rice, vegetable protein isolated*, minerals, hydrolised animal proteins, beet pulp, vegetable fibres, fish oil, copra oil, soya oil, psyllium husks and seeds, fructo-oligo-saccharides, hydrolised yeast, hydrolised crustaceans, marigold extract, hydrolised cartilage.

Can't see corn, wheat or wheat gluten :)