Flying Dogs From Melb To El Paso (usa)

kitkatswing

Afternoon all!!

I have a dear friend who is travelling to El Paso (her husband got a job there) for 4 years. I have recomended JetPets so shes getting a quote.

She is a bit concerned on how her sooky dogs will go on such a long flight..

Would anyone have any experiences (good please) that they could share so I can show her that her doggles will be ok? :)

The most important advice i can give is she start crate training the dogs now .

The sooner they adaptto the crate the better there travel will be .

My dogs are frequent flyers & have been since pups but they are crate trained & happily will sit there for hours without any concern

Afternoon all!!

I have a dear friend who is travelling to El Paso (her husband got a job there) for 4 years. I have recomended JetPets so shes getting a quote.

She is a bit concerned on how her sooky dogs will go on such a long flight..

Would anyone have any experiences (good please) that they could share so I can show her that her doggles will be ok? :)

Yes, I've sent a dog to Colorado.

They fly to LAX where they have a facility for the dogs to be fed and exercised before the next flight. I think it's twelve hours to LA? Not too long for a dog to cope with if it has been accustomed to being crated.

I flew my two from Perth to San Francisco a couple years ago. Used Jet Pets. They flew to Melbourne and got overnight in a kennel. Then reboarded for the direct, long flight over the Pacific. I depended on someone else to ready them for the flight, as I had been in the US for a couple months. I don't think they got much crate training. They were fine . . . though they aren't enthusiastic about getting back into their flight kennels. Much easier going to the US than returning to Oz. No quarantine.