Help Please. Getting My Baby Back ... And Panicking !

Aso

I am another Brisbane person as well. Pretty close to halfway between Toowoomba and Brisbane, so if you need me to pick him up if the transport plans fail, just send me a PM! My dobe girl would love some company. :D

Yes would agree that registration, microchipping, insurance etc has been transferred so there is no future issues

doctor david lidbetter at parramatta looked after my boy when he had hip & athritis issues and the results were amazing. We also had a friend use him with great results also.

Dr rob?? Who works with the rspca at newcastle for behaviour issues was also amazing and he might be able to help you over the phone in the short term if time is an issue.

My bullmastiff is quite content with a trampoline bed, foam mattress with blankie and sleeps 23hrs :) :) out of the day (proved with video footage)

Good quality food, greenies, daily walks around the block and lots of tlc and cuddles makes my boy pretty content

Good luck and all the best as a new family for the future

Hi All,

Just a quick update, my ex is hanging on to Tonka until I get back from holidays. He said he has made arrangements for him and we'll organise his move when I get back. I'm a bit concerned with this "arrangement" but I guess I'll have to trust that he's safe for my own sanity's sake.

I think I'm all set for when Tonka arrives. I have contacted his previous vets and have made a tentative booking with Gladesville Vets for his approximate arrival. Lucky boy, first stop, Doctor!

I have most of his things ordered and ready for delivery:

* crate & bedding;

* extra leash & collar;

* food and natural treats;

* tick & flea and worming meds;

* water buckets (he's got a big head) and food mat & bowls;

* furminator brush;

* grooming place around the corner for his baths (too big for my facilities in winter);

* outdoor kennel for when he's finally allowed outdoors;

* appointment with K9Pro for training;

When he first arrives, I plan on crating him in the house, unless it's walk time, for most of the time for about 3-4 days until we're re-established again. Then slowly give him a bit of freedom with the house & yard, etc. I work about 10 mins from home so will come home during work days to walk him at least once or twice. If he's not in his crate, he will be attached to me on a leash until he learns again who's boss. Then we start obedience training again, once pack structure is established.

Any comments please? Especially with how I plan on establishing our pack structure again? Tonka was a pushy little puppy and I had to be firm and consistent with him. He's a big boy now and I'm sure he will try to push his boundaries again.

Thank you so very much for all your advise and encouraging comments. I can't wait for my boy to arrive so I can give him the home he deserves.

- Cath

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Thank you so very much for all your assistance and kind words of encouragement. Unfortunately my ex decided not to send Tonka after all, so after much ado and a lot of time, effort and cash spent, I have wiped the slate clean and will now move on. I am currently looking for my new forever puppup (either a puppy or doggie as long as we fit) and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Thank you all again for all the help, I would have been so much more lost without this forum.

- Cath xxx

Guest donatella

Oh wow, after all that! Well its not gone to waste because there is some lucky dog that will have you as its owner and I'm sure you won't have too much trouble finding your breed of choice and the positives are Tonka doesn't get shifted around. Onwards and upwards, let us know when you get a new pup/dog of course :D

Blerk, nvm, just got really excited for you at the prospect of a DDB and so didn't read thread in entirety, but seems my post is null & void. Apologies.

Hope everything goes well for you and you get an awesome pup for yourself & pics please when you do!

Edited by Wobbly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I just received news that my breeder's bitch is confirmed to be with pups, 5 weeks now, so I am expecting a new bossy boots Dogue de Bordeaux in about 12 weeks! I can't wait to have the Bossy Boots home. I hope these 12 weeks gooes quickly :-)