Another Young Child Injured By Dog In Melbourne

Vacuna

The video I just watched from the above linked was regarding a "staffy terrier" owned by grandparents that attacked the grandchild.

The dog was carried from the premises wrapped in a blanket, presumably to stop cameras filming the dog - why would they do this?

but Big Ted promised this would not happen with his BSL........... afterall, all the "bad" dogs are illegal now.

Oops BT guess it just shows your BSL ain't worth a pinch of poo, like we didn't know that before

There are two separate incidents. One involves the grandparent's SBT x whic looked quite friendly as it was carried out. The lead ranger was patting it as it was carried by another.

And the other incident involves a husky or malamute - and a different family and child.

BSL is not going to stop lack of supervision of toddlers, it could just as easily been a pool drowning. Only takes 2 inches of water and few minutes of inattention by the carer.

There are two separate incidents. One involves the grandparent's SBT x whic looked quite friendly as it was carried out. The lead ranger was patting it as it was carried by another.

And the other incident involves a husky or malamute - and a different family and child.

BSL is not going to stop lack of supervision of toddlers, it could just as easily been a pool drowning. Only takes 2 inches of water and few minutes of inattention by the carer.

Agreed Mrs RB.

Nor will BSL prevent dog bites. You'd have to ban all dogs to do that.

I hope the children involved in both stories recover well from their injuries.

Both of those stories in the video from that link are old. I remember when they both happened.

The recent on, yesterday or whenever, was either a Husky or Mal, but not the one mentioned in the video.

I think those ones happened either early this year, or late last year, you can see it is summer too.

Edited by sumosmum

Both of those stories in the video from that link are old. I remember when they both happened.

The recent on, yesterday or whenever, was either a Husky or Mal, but not the one mentioned in the video.

I think those ones happened either early this year, or late last year, you can see it is summer too.

I believe your are correct - bought to attention again after the incident on the weekend.

Only wish the general advice given by a Lost Dogs Home representative when the incidents originally happened was heeded by more people - Don't leave children under 12 with a dog unsupervised.

How do these stories even make it to the papers anyway? Are the parents making some money on the side?

Jeez- maybe I should ring and tell them that my cat keeps chasing after and attacking me with his teeth and claws every time I walk down the hall way...