Charlie - My Special Dog

W Sibs

That's exactly it CW, some dogs, obviously including Charlie, just have that true confidence that is obvious to other dogs.

I reckon Charlie conveys in dog language "Dude, I deal with tougher stuff than you every day before breakfast so don't even bother" in a calm, matter of fact tone and the other dogs are like "cool man, all good!" :D

That's exactly it CW, some dogs, obviously including Charlie, just have that true confidence that is obvious to other dogs.

I reckon Charlie conveys in dog language "Dude, I deal with tougher stuff than you every day before breakfast so don't even bother" in a calm, matter of fact tone and the other dogs are like "cool man, all good!" :D

:laugh:

Charlie isn't that nice... :o

Thanks for the suggestion Boronia :)

People have often told us to get him one of those but I don't think it would be good for him.

Even though they look awesome and would be easier for him to get around, i don't think it will help him (mentally). If he starts using it, he will get to dependent on it and he will start getting lazy to walk on his own or get around himself. It's really important to us (and him) that he still tries to use his back legs and keep active that way. It's also hard for him to go to the toilet because he needs to squat when he does his #2 and he will pee on himself if he stands straight peeing, and on top of that, those things will hurt his chest too much because he will put all his weight on his chest, and I'm worried that will cause issues.

Saying that, I really like the back brace leash thingy. I've been trying to make one for him using silk scarves and we haven't found a design that suits Charlie just yet.