Charlie - My Special Dog

W Sibs

Took Charlie to the park yesterday. He was sitting at the edge of the park meditating (ie, he sits there and it looks like he is about to fall asleep sitting up) and 2 big dogs came over to say hello, before I can give him a head up, he looked directly at them and, I kid you not, within 2 second, he had one dog on his back and the other one backing off him very very slowly... he didn't make a sound, he didn't react.. it was just one look. When 2 dogs left, he went back to his meditation and left Mr CW and I going 'WTF?'

Charlie is 5 kg and he is crippled. The only defense he has is that he has a very loud bark and make another dog deaf..

Edited by CW EW

Unfortunately I can't post pictures on DOL from my work computer but I'll see if I have time tonight to post up a picture of him. I think I do have one of him while he is meditating too.. hmmmm

Charlie is awesome... full of attitude though.

Edited by CW EW

Charlie has Gorham Disease. It affects his lower spine and it's slowly spreading to his back legs.

He walks like a drunk man normally (or he just walk with his 2 front legs dragging his back legs) but if you hold his tail (to hold his 2 back legs up slighly), he will RUN! And he is fast!

Don't feel bad for him, though, he is a tough little guy. Full of attitude and life. Still goes for walks daily, still chases/hunts lizards whenever he has the chance too and he is generally a happy boy (except when he is grumpy when he doesn't get his way). We treat him like any normal dog, even though he believe all humans on this planet is to serve him... :grimace:

Edited by CW EW

I have always enjoyed your posts on the sibs. I am glad Charlie is doing well and holding his own at the dog park :)

ETA Charlie IS a special dog.

Edited by Janba

Charlie has Gorham Disease. It affects his lower spine and it's slowly spreading to his back legs.

He walks like a drunk man normally (or he just walk with his 2 front legs dragging his back legs) but if you hold his tail (to hold his 2 back legs up slighly), he will RUN! And he is fast!

Don't feel bad for him, though, he is a tough little guy. Full of attitude and life. Still goes for walks daily, still chases/hunts lizards whenever he has the chance too and he is generally a happy boy (except when he is grumpy when he doesn't get his way). We treat him like any normal dog, even though he believe all humans on this planet is to serve him... :grimace:

I've never ever heard of that - what a horrible condition! But no, not feeling sorry for him, feeling very happy that he has such a loving mama! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's great to read that Charlie's as tough as ever! He's a very special boy indeed. Thanks for the update!

Jodie is 15kg and had an 80kg Mastiff grovelling at her once. He didn't get the ball off her!