I Have Just Pruchased Lightroom

raineth

Well I am (was) pretty excited because this morning I purchased Lightroom :)

I was advised to purchase the student/teacher one ebcause I am a student.

So I spent a long time going through the rigmarole of registering with them and proving that I am a student - it was painful - took me forever! Then the internet died as I pressed the submit button and I had to do it all again!

Anyway I managed to get it done. And then I installed it on my computer. Now though there is a big box saying "New software for Lightroom is available". But it won't let me press any of the buttons, or close it. Whenever I try it makes that "bing" noise that says you are doing something wrong. I can't press anything in Lightroom either, it makes that same noise when I try. I am actually attempting to type this while that box is blocking everything on the screen :laugh: so if there are lots of typos, you know why!

Well I was just hoping that someone here might have a clue what's going on?

Force quit it and restart. Sounds like it's brought up another board in front of the one you're trying to click on but it's put it behind the others. Does it to me on occasion too on both my Mac and PC :)

Lightroom is awesome - you'll love it!

Force quit it and restart. Sounds like it's brought up another board in front of the one you're trying to click on but it's put it behind the others. Does it to me on occasion too on both my Mac and PC :)

Lightroom is awesome - you'll love it!

Thank you Shell :thumbsup::flower:

That worked perfectly!

Looking forward to getting started now :D

Today I managed to get oput and take some photos to put through Lightroom :D

Had lots of fun doing it! I have a lot more to figure out with it ofcourse, but its still going well.

I will try to put some photos up some time when I have figured out to do that :)

It is a great program and once use to it, it is easy. One thing I can't get to work though is the posting to Facebook or flickr, I set it up but it keep coming up with an error? So then I have to export the pics in a smaller size so i can upload them that way.

I always keep a copy of the pics I import to lightroom as well. Not sure if this is the right thing to do but I do it anyway! :)

This is one I took and had a play with this morning. I made it all a bit more greenish (as today was very dull and much more grey), and a few other things that I can hardly remember :D

Apart from the chicken wire (which isn't great!), I think I also should have had the camera more wide open. I'm happy for feedback if anyone feels so inclined :)

7418008038_6eee3fddb3.jpg

Edited by raineth

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a couple of weeks since I purchased Lightroom and I really feel as though I'm getting into the swing of it now. Especially since I have just come back from holidays so I have tonnes of new photos to play with :D

I think what I am loving most is the ability to regain detail in highlights and shadows, afterall you can't expose for everything in a photo.

The other thing that amazed me was I was playing around with the 'detail' in a portrait I took of an older family member. By increasing the detail and then increasing luminescence I made it look like he's been airbrushed :eek: was quite something really, but not a look I really go for :)

this is one of my faves:

7512652018_c1454e5787.jpg

7512619666_ee70081e95.jpg

7512636360_40af474f19.jpg