Dry Bed

Hounder

I did a search on dry bed/vetbed and noticed that in some posts that there can be a difference in the texture of the dry bed as in that some said that it was soft and cosy and that others said that theirs were stiff and not as soft as expected. I was wondering if this may have anything to do with the different colours. I'm planning on buying some of the non rubber backed soon and apart from the original blue, I was looking at getting some different colours.

Any opinions?

Cheers

I've found that they all feel the same after a couple of washes with fabric softener and a spin through the dryer. The green back slides around on my Kenol whelp box heaps more than the rubber does. Next time I think I'll Velcro it down.

I had some greenback arrive today....it was so stiff it pretty much stood up by itself when I got it out of the satchel :laugh:.

Have washed and dried it now and it is a bit softer already...will take a few more washes though.

PS. I got charcoal with pink pawprints! :heart:

Hey Ellz, did you order from Peperone's or somewhere local?

I have ordered from Peperone in the past but only wanted a couple of pieces this time so I ordered from Anabel at the Wolf's Den. Excellent prices and service and the pieces can be cut to order. Postage very reasonable too!

I had some greenback arrive today....it was so stiff it pretty much stood up by itself when I got it out of the satchel :laugh:.

Have washed and dried it now and it is a bit softer already...will take a few more washes though.

PS. I got charcoal with pink pawprints! :heart:

I like a stiff new piece for pre-whelp and first days as mumma seems to spend a lot of time scratching up the nest and rearranging things. Putting a few towelling nappies in there keeps her happy and the vet bed in one place!