Very Hungry But Ultra Picky

ruthjones

Ok, I'm a bit concerned about my girl, but at the same time there is nothing actually wrong as such

The thing is, she seems to be constantly starving, but at the same time has completely gone off all dry food, and all she is interested in is raw chicken necks and wings and raw mince! Given tassie's rules regarding illegality of feeding internal organs http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/webpages/cart-6sa36r?open does anyone else have any suggestions of what to offer her to balance her diet out? Or do I figure at least she is eating and leave her be with her chosen foods (which she would eat mountains of if given the chance?)

Oh, she will sometimes eat carrots and apples at the moment too. ( by eat I mean steal the bag if you turn your back)

Thanks

Ruth

Eta: Clarifying its the little bags of apple slices the supermarket sells that she steals ( we buy them for the 5 year olds school lunches) the whole carrot, without any leaf material on it.

Edited by ruthjones

We hade this problem with sibs so now we use kibble as treats when trianing and also changed from top end commercial kibble to a holistic brand named earthborn holisitic primative nature she really goes for this one im not saying this food is great but she eats this one.is it the only dog as they do this when there on there the only one u see they dont need to eat all there food as there are no other dogs around to eat there food.bet of luck with it

I would just let her eat them and not worry. If you want to add organ meat, add chicken livers. You may find closer to whelping she prefers more of the meat without bone and organ meats etc. Normal and good as is the bodies natural way of kick starting use of its own calcium stores and helps prevent eclampsia.