Sorted: 5-mo Female Kelpie Needs Rescue By Tomorrow

Hello all,

I've been contacted this morning by a man who is a service worker on farm machinery. He is presently working at a farm where there is a young black female kelpie, 5 months old, who the farmer is planning to shoot because she isn't a good worker. The farmer will give him the dog to bring into town (Wagga Wagga) either today or tomorrow when he knocks off work if a rescue group can place her somewhere.

The worker has already contacted the pound but isn't able to pay the $140 surrender fee for a dog that isn't his and he's just trying to prevent being shot. He says that she is a friendly pup with other dogs, kids and the farm's cats, and it would be a shame for such a nice youngster to be killed when she would make a great companion dog.

I can provide a few days of temp care until transport, but BFPR has no available foster places for her. If anyone has a place, ring me on 0416220527.

Regs,

Janey

Edited by JaneyA

This girl will be safe with Carolyn at AWDRI :thumbsup:   I'll pick her up this arvo to get vaccinated and temp care her until boarding space   and transport can be arranged. 

PS. I'm sure AWDRI would appreciate donations towards boarding and transport.

Edited by JaneyA