Ankc No Longer Recognising Flyball Titles

Jumabaar

I didn't go looking for the posts so haven't quoted them, but to the people in WA the AFA have tried to organise seminars for at least the last 4 years, possibly longer, to try and get the sport up and running over there but nobody has taken up the offer. There was a DOLer who had trained dogs already (I think she had previously lived in SA or Vic) and had since moved to Esperance who was prepared to get involved too and was prepared to travel to Perth to get the sport running but there just wasn't enough interest. Lots of talk, but nobody really keen enough when push came to shove.

Perhaps now is the time to revisit it? There would be plenty of people happy to help out if need be.

She moved to a town 200kms from Esperance and stayed around 6 to 8 months then has moved back east again.

This sounds like me? :laugh:

:D

Haha I was reading it thinking 'are they talking about me? How many other flyballers did this?' :laugh:

Yeah I was quite willing to go to Perth to train people up if wanted, had experienced dogs etc etc but no dice :)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go looking for the posts so haven't quoted them, but to the people in WA the AFA have tried to organise seminars for at least the last 4 years, possibly longer, to try and get the sport up and running over there but nobody has taken up the offer. There was a DOLer who had trained dogs already (I think she had previously lived in SA or Vic) and had since moved to Esperance who was prepared to get involved too and was prepared to travel to Perth to get the sport running but there just wasn't enough interest. Lots of talk, but nobody really keen enough when push came to shove.

Perhaps now is the time to revisit it? There would be plenty of people happy to help out if need be.

She moved to a town 200kms from Esperance and stayed around 6 to 8 months then has moved back east again.

This sounds like me? :laugh:

LOL pretty sure it was :) I knew it was someone with Tollers but its been years so wasn't 100% sure therefore didn't want to name names :laugh: I think I was living in Sydney at the time and was possibly with Norwest (Ive clubhopped a bit for various reasons) and they were working out gear etc to take over for a seminar they were trying to organise. Then there were a few who were going to come over with us for the Agility Nationals in 2010 and do some flyball then too but it didn't happen either.