Dogs And Ashma

LizT

I read ths recently and some may find it interesting.

I always thought letting my kids get "down and dirty" with my pet was the best thing for them! :)

I came upon an article regarding asthma. As you might know, this condition affects millions of people, especially children. This article focused on a virus called RSV which is transmitted easily between people and young children in particular. Many people who contract RSV as children or infants have a significantly higher chance of developing asthma later in life.

Recently, scientists have been researching the proposed health benefits of having pets, and what they found is a big deal. Dog dander, that mixture of loose fur and skin cells typically blamed for allergies, might contain a structure that actually helps combat RSV! Just when we thought our dogs couldn't be any more awesome, we find that they can actually benefit our respiratory health. Way to go, Fido!

For more information on what the scientists found, check out this link. Go to: http://www.petplace.com/dogs/new-studies-show-that-homes-with-dogs-have-fewer-kids-with-asthma/page1.aspx

It's not uncommon for a person's love of animals to override their dislike of sniffling and sneezing. You might even be one of these people. Quite a few people choose to add a canine family member despite being allergic to them. Others find that they are allergic only after already bringing their dog into their new home. What can you do if you are allergic to your dog? Thankfully, many homes have managed to make it work. Allergies are no fun but it's doesn't immediately mean that you will need to find a new home for your dog.