Sa News Dog Mauled Pts & Owner Bitten

Guest crickets

The owner wasn't there when it happened. Council workers followed the dog back to his house after beating it off with shovels.

The poor dog in question was an elderly 12yr old being walked by the owners neighbor. The local vet was called to the scene but the small dog had been eviscerated and didn't have a chance and was humanely put to sleep.

Thoughts and prayers with the family. My worst nightmare.

Reading the article im furious the owner of the large dog not once apologised or expressed remorse for what happened, only that he was going to complain to the manufacturer about the broken collar. What a joke. Happy to pose for a photo but not once said sorry.

I haven't seen any more than a couple of brief news reports in ad breaks, however I don't think we can assume the owner didn't say sorry, the media will put on what they want to put on - he could have said it and they never showed it. I'm not saying he DID say sorry, but we can't always believe what the media wants us to. And I haven't seen the full report.

I work for the emergency services. I now more than anyone media will give sensational biased reporting depending how it best suits them. I also watched his interview and can tell you someone who states 'not like she died, ah well it was only a dog, takes 2 to tango as they say' did not apologise or show remorse for someones innocent pet being eviscerated. Media like to beef up stories as much as they can and the more he spoke the more they would have shown, highly doubt he apologised. Dogs that are that aggressive and dangerous should be euthanised. No questions asked.

Yep, after seeing the interview I agree with you completely. Ignore my original post.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic