What A Disgrace

*kirty*

I took my dogs for a walk around Lillydale Lake this afternoon and was absolutely disgusted by the dog crap everywhere. I counted 54 piles of poo on or next to the path. There are signs and poo bags and bins all along the track too. No wonder places are becoming less and less dog friendly. Just disgusting.

Guest Arcane

I currently walk my dog in some of Adelaide 'leafiest' suburbs and am constantly disgusted & appalled at the dog crap left all over the footpaths & the verges. Some how I expected better from the area.

It is an utter disgrace. It's these sort of irresponsible doggy people that tar the responsible ones amongst us with the same brush. It's the same at our local park and personally, I can't stand all the crap around the place. There are also signs and numerous places to get the poo bags, but it seems there are quite a lot of illiterate people among our community. At the weekend, there are sports clubs that use the park for soccer and football in the winter and cricket in the summer. Must be a minefield out there.

I currently walk my dog in some of Adelaide 'leafiest' suburbs and am constantly disgusted & appalled at the dog crap left all over the footpaths & the verges. Some how I expected better from the area.

I have found some of the worst offenders are the educated and well to do professionals. Wonder what their back yards look like.

I was sitting on the rocks at the beach and I was watching a lady a distance away, she let her 2 dogs off and they ran straight into the water having a lovely time. Then one dog got out and did a poo in the sand I watched the lady and she did nothing, then the second dog did a poo and she did nothing.. Yuck If I wasn't so far away and didn't have my girls with me I would have said something,

she then got her dogs and left the beach... Some people are just gross..

I live across the road from a little park in a quiet little estate (40 houses tops) and am there everyday with my dog. As I picked up his poo yesterday I walked past 4 other piles! Seriously, how hard is it??! :banghead: Our kids play in that park too. It is also often only my OH that stops me yelling out car windows at people who do not pick up their dogs poo as I drive past :bolt: .

there are some show ppl who are like that :eek:

I can say at the back of the Boxhall Pavilion, Kcc Park, while training/instructing Obedience classes we are playing DODGE the Landmines, large & small :banghead: there are dunny bags hanging on the exit doors ppl go through & they dont even bother grabbing one as they pass by.

There are anywhere from 3 to 15-20 in our classes, the showies bring their dogs out, let them have a dump & go back inside :dropjaw:

Ok yes there is some showis that do pick up but have seen a lot that don't :mad

How about this for irony? I took the dog to the beach on the weekend and had to pick up one of his poos within about 10 minutes of getting there, only to turn around and stand in someone's left dog poo about 5 minutes later. In bare feet! :eek:

I have found some of the worst offenders are the educated and well to do professionals. Wonder what their back yards look like.

Probably pretty clean, if it's all out on the footpath.

Edited by keetamouse

Guest donatella

I live in the neighbouring suburb to a well to do area (cue huge mansions on the hill) and i've never seen poop on our dog walks. I must be lucky :thumbsup:

The majority of dogs round here are little ones though, when I turn up to the grooming parlour all the doggies are getting out of their BMW's, mercedes and Range Rovers :laugh:

Yeah.. it's one of my pet peeves. If i see anyone not picking up their poo, I do walk over to them and hand them a bag and said 'Oh, you must have run out of poo bag, here you go' and give them a big smile

I live in the neighbouring suburb to a well to do area (cue huge mansions on the hill) and i've never seen poop on our dog walks. I must be lucky :thumbsup:

The majority of dogs round here are little ones though, when I turn up to the grooming parlour all the doggies are getting out of their BMW's, mercedes and Range Rovers :laugh:

they probably have doggie walkers and they do pick up of pooch and poo. lol

Guest donatella

they probably have doggie walkers and they do pick up of pooch and poo. lol

That is a bloody good point didnt even think of that :rofl: