Best Clippers For Fuzzy Feet?

PaddleDuck, I just brought a battery opperated pair by Shear Magic from Clipper World for doing my 2 BC's feet. Very impressed with them & they were only $28 or something like that. Tried them out yesterday & worked very well just for doing paws e.t.c. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some clippers from the ppl at Clipper World just yesterday!

I wasnt sure which one would suit me best so I rang them, she talked me into buying the cheaper one than I had originally been thinking about and was very helpful. Id recommend phoning them, great service, very helpful and not pushy at all!

PaddleDuck, I just brought a battery opperated pair by Shear Magic from Clipper World for doing my 2 BC's feet. Very impressed with them & they were only $28 or something like that. Tried them out yesterday & worked very well just for doing paws e.t.c. :)

What are you using clippers for on a BC? Any trimming needed should can easily be done with scissors.

What are you using clippers for on a BC? Any trimming needed should can easily be done with scissors.

Dancinbcs, I use the clippers to trim the bottom of their feet, the soles around their pads as I find I am more confident with them than scissors & quicker. I use scissors for the top part & to trim up to their stopper. I like to keep their feet really neat as it makes it easier to spot ticks e.t.c.

Should I not use them Dancinbcs?

Dancinbcs, I use the clippers to trim the bottom of their feet, the soles around their pads as I find I am more confident with them than scissors & quicker. I use scissors for the top part & to trim up to their stopper. I like to keep their feet really neat as it makes it easier to spot ticks e.t.c.

Should I not use them Dancinbcs?

We usually don't trim around the pads between the toes on Borders but if you aren't showing and it is to make tick searching easier I can see your point. For the show ring we just trim around the foot and trim the hair level with the pads underneath. If they have untidy long hair between the toes we push it up between the toes and just take enough off to make the foot look neat when the hair settles back down.

Thanks BC Crazy!

Nariko what did you wind up buying?

I emailed them last week and haven't heard back. I think I might just get the same ones as BC crazy :) darn fuzzfoot!

I bought the wahl KMSS single speed kit for $165. I was looking at the 2 speed or the andis, but she said I wouldnt need the 2 speed, thats more for clipping larger areas so you can go a bit faster, the andis is more expensive and is heavier,it is a bit quieter, but no a huge amount apparently, it ws a fair bit more expensive too.

I have never clipped a dog before so I was completely uneducated about what to look for, etc. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and patient answering all my questions about the different blades, lengths and how to use it.

I need a clipper for my Brittany who I am showing, I do trim his feet but I use scissors for that

I LOVE my Bellissima's! Wahl makes them, they are a hairdresser clipper. Cordless, comes with a charging dock, and had an adjustable blade. LOVE it. My best friend!

http://www.beautyandnails.com.au/shop/shop1131.html

This clipper is identical to the Belissima but with a different case and switch but the same motor and blade. http://www.unityagencies.com.au/index.php?Itemid=49&id=71&option=com_content&task=view

Wahl market it to groomers and hence the price is cheaper than the Belissima. You can pick them up for around $160 trade