How Much Do You Exercise Your Bc Pup?

BCNut

To be honest, I would not be playing fetch with this pup at all while you are generally resting him. Even my adult BCs only play fetch for less than 5 minutes at ta time - and only hand thrown things.

To keep him moving gently, but also amused - consider playing some scent games/hide and seek - hiding objects for him to find - start off easy, and then gradually increase the difficulty. No stress on the joints but plenty of exercise for the brain.

There are some great articles and ideas in the articles Here.

Agreed, no fetch and certainly not for 10 mins. That run in drive, sharp stop, twist and run again is a recipe for disaster. Smooth forward movement on giving surfaces, and not too much is more appropriate. If he should be resting, then he really should be doing just that, resting.

cd01, I am glad you have really learnt so much regarding the correct raising of puppies regarding exercise and realise where things went wrong, but I am also very disappointed for you that there appears to be damaged caused from the earlier exercise you were doing with your pup.

Hopefully there will not be any long term damage to Calvin. We all live and learn and often it is the hard way.

Best of luck with him.

Edited by dyzney

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic