Shoal Bay!

Bagnall Beach on Government Rd Nelson Bay is a lovely friendly off leash area, I'm there every day :)

Also Birubi Beach at Anna Bay is great

They are the only two I know of, I'm sure you could find a nice quiet spot at either this time of year

Enjoy your weekend

Another vote for Bagnall Beach & I'm there every day as well. Just watch out for the Ranger if you venture to any other beach e.t.c. off leash because

he doesn't give you any verbal warnings, it's a $300 on the spot fine. I know quite a few people who have been stung. Don't mean to be a party pooper :laugh:

just didn't want you to end up having a VERY expensive w.end away because you didn't know about him. Have fun & if you see a female with 2 of the most beautiful

Border Collies you have ever seen in your life ( & yes I am very bias) :p come & say Hi :)

Another vote for Bagnall Beach & I'm there every day as well. Just watch out for the Ranger if you venture to any other beach e.t.c. off leash because

he doesn't give you any verbal warnings, it's a $300 on the spot fine. I know quite a few people who have been stung. Don't mean to be a party pooper :laugh:

just didn't want you to end up having a VERY expensive w.end away because you didn't know about him. Have fun & if you see a female with 2 of the most beautiful

Border Collies you have ever seen in your life ( & yes I am very bias) :p come & say Hi :)

ow awesome! hopefully ill see you guys around and thank you for the heads up! haha :)

I feel so very lucky to have this gorgeous area right on my front doorstep as I'm sure you are too !

Say Hi sometime ! I'll be the one carrying the little puppy for the next few weeks :)

We are very, very lucky to have such a beautiful place to go to with our furry kids aren't we? I never take it for ganted & enjoy it so much each & every day, as do my dogs.

You must be excited getting a new little puppy. Will certainly say Hi & good luck with your new littely :)

Bagnall Beach on Government Rd Nelson Bay is a lovely friendly off leash area, I'm there every day :)

Also Birubi Beach at Anna Bay is great

They are the only two I know of, I'm sure you could find a nice quiet spot at either this time of year

Enjoy your weekend

Another vote for Birubi Beach. We have been going to Shoal Bay every year for over 25 years for holidays and absolutely love it.

So glad I stumbled on this page! We are up there for Christmas this year and will be taking our BC Heston, who will be around 7 months old then up with us. Will keep an eye out for you BC Crazy! This will be our first holiday with our fur baby :) Any hints on traveling with dogs for long car drives?

To be honest I have heard conflicting verdicts on this, some say yes & some say no, its not an off leash dog beach. I have only been out there to swim as I have been told a lot of big dogs get out & I always like to "play it safe" when it comes to where I let my dogs have run. Another worry is people camp on the beach & drive their 4x4's so I am concerned for my dogs safety.

Went to Bagnall Beach today :) was very nice!!, we also went to wreck beach as my house is up the road from there and OW MY GOD it took my breath away.... its not off lead but no one was there so we let them go and they had an absolute blast!! cant wait to go up again.... also we were at the main shops in Nelsons Bay and a Dolphin came up to the wharf to say hello !! :) annnddd I met my first Akita named Hutch he was AWESOME!!thumbsup1.gif

Wreck is awesome, isn't it? Love it ! And you also got to meet a dolphin welcome to our paradise :)

I see dolpins almost every day. Just the other day Sonny was swimming & 2 popped up, one either side of him. He loved it & wasn't at all frightened. It was magical.

Wreck is awesome, isn't it? Love it ! And you also got to meet a dolphin welcome to our paradise :)

I see dolpins almost every day. Just the other day Sonny was swimming & 2 popped up, one either side of him. He loved it & wasn't at all frightened. It was magical.

Thats pretty darn awesome!!...... OH thought it was so surreal, he had never seen anything like it, I cant wait till the summer!

That was at Baggies TCM. I don't let my 2 swim out very far off the shore, no more than say 1 metre at the most. At Wreck I wouldn't let them swim, apart from just wadding in the water as it is ' in the ocean' & there has been sharks seen all along that break & also at Baggies , just in the bay there, again just be careful but enjoy our beautiful piece of heaven :)

That was at Baggies TCM. I don't let my 2 swim out very far off the shore, no more than say 1 metre at the most. At Wreck I wouldn't let them swim, apart from just wadding in the water as it is ' in the ocean' & there has been sharks seen all along that break & also at Baggies , just in the bay there, again just be careful but enjoy our beautiful piece of heaven :)

ow no way!!? I head it was at box beach I think but didnt know they were there too (pretty stupid of me to think that as they are pretty much next to eachother) well I shall keep that in mind next time we are up there!! lol I thought it was too good to be true!! hahah. Perfect beach, perfect sand, perfect weather something had to give.

Yes, there are quite a gew Sting Rays at Bagnalls from time to time. Also got to watch the Razor fish shells that are extremely sharp & are obvious when its low tide. They are in the shape of a big fan, probably 10 inches high & stand upright in the sand.

And last thing is be very aware of any dead Toad fish that may have been washed up on the shore & make for a very lushious snack for our precious 4 legged BF's. These can be lethial. Sonny gulped one down about six months ago & I rushed him to the Vets & they gave him something to make him throw up but it saved his life. They are only a small fish but they feed on very toxic sea algie apparently. Don't mean to freak every body out, just a "heads up" is all.

Edited by BC Crazy

So glad I stumbled on this page! We are up there for Christmas this year and will be taking our BC Heston, who will be around 7 months old then up with us. Will keep an eye out for you BC Crazy! This will be our first holiday with our fur baby :) Any hints on traveling with dogs for long car drives?

Hi Heston 1, bet your looking forward to your Christmas holiday's. It is crazy busy over the Xmas hols here. Usually we go away at Xmas to get away from the "invation" LOL. It is a beautiful place with lots of very pretty water ways.

As far as car travel with Heston, my 2 have travelled with us from puppies & my boy is an excellent traveller but my girl used to get car sick. I have found with her no food before or during the journey. Air con on med. We always stop every 2 hours or more if someone is becoming restless. We have a Spill proof water bowl that is always there if they get thirsty. What also helped Stella was OH decked out the back of our Landcruiser so our 2 can see out of the windows & see us too.

She settles very well now :) Spoilt, yes I know but thats what you have them for, isn't it.

Hope I was of some help & might catch you on the beach during your stay. Enjoy :)