Lightroom Crashed

Lollipup

Lightroom was going fine the first few days and then when I clicked on import, it crashed. I reinstalled it, same thing. Deleted all preferences and catalogs, same thing. Updated to new version and reinstalled 3 times, still doing it. I have googled and hundreds of people have the same problem but the few solutions suggested to them aren't working for me.

I think it may be happening because my external hard drive is connected and a recovery program is running on it. However I can't disconnect it because the recovery has been running for 150 hours and has 160 hours to go. So you can understand why I don't want to stop it this far in.

In the meantime, I need to do some minor editing on photos, the kind of thing I would have liked to do in lightroom. Photoshop is still working but I haven't used it much so is there anything simple I can do in it, like presets in LR?

Has anyone had this problem with LR before? I found lots of threads on the adobe site asking for help on it but no solutions that worked for me.

Nope sorry never had that problem :(

Go thru acr in photoshop and it has similar sliders etc or open the file in ps and use the little icon mext to the layers one to adjust colors, exposure, brightness etc on different layers & tweak away. Not on computer so can't remember what the icon is oops!