Scam - Opinions Pls

Tentapride

Just got an email enquiry on some puppies. Doesn't read too badly but the email address has me thinking its a scam.

Asking for pic's of pups to be emailed when my advert directs to my website.

Email shows 1 name and then the actual address is in another name. Email signed in the name that appears in the actual address.

What are your thoughts?

Get all sort of enquiries - some send to all breeder of the breed of dog they are after - reply telling they can see up to date photos on the website - but to give you a ring and discuss what they are after - some people do send an email that is in a partners name or something similar - you weed them out with a little correspondence - its a time consuming thing I know but I do appreciate the ones that do take the time to ring and tell you about themselves and what they are hoping to be able to get.

When you open DOL members section you can read through a great long list of possible scammers - must admit occasionally something "funny" does pop up but on the whole most are ok and just looking for a good pet - there are so many stories about selling puppies and the things people do - bet we could fill a whole forum with the ones that stick in your memory.

Good luck with finding the best possible homes for your babies.

A scam will also usually want to pay via PayPal or Western Transfer - they will ask you to pay for the freight and they will reimburse you.

They will be overseas or away with work.

Trying to think of the other ones I got with trying to sell a horse.... that covers most though. Generic responses and frustration if you continue to ask questions.

Go with your gut in the end, I don't know how people that want pups to send OS operate so better to be safe then sorry.

sounds like a dodgy puppy buyer I recently had to deal with. We had someone in our breed that was buying puppies and on-selling them. When they couldn't sell them quickly at a profit, they would ask to send them back to the breeder with a refund with claims of "not getting along with the children" etc

Not your breed, but PM me the details and I'll let you know if it is the same person.