When Does Interest And Concern Become Stalking?!

I think a couple of times during the first couple of weeks/trial period is reasonable if all is fine. If there are any issues emerging/it is not working out as planned then obviously more regular contact is required to see if any issues can be resolved and/or they are willing to work on it if possible. I will ring earlier on (within a day or so for a dog or cat that may be not a straightforward rehome) if I haven't heard from them but generally most adoptees will contact the carer within a few days themselves and we will also confirm with them all is well at the end of the trial period. Of course if people want to give us more updates, we certainly welcome them. But calling them daily or every second day or something to that extent unless they have invited it, I feel is a tad invasive and out of line.

Ditto what Maree said too about boarding. I have just had someone ring a little while and ask me do we do "boarding" for two weeks and this isn't even a former foster. Just someone out of the blue. I did tell them there were plenty of commercial boarding kennels in Canberra. She didn't sound surprised. Obviously hoping a rescue would just look after her animal/s for free....

Edited by Just Andrea

Ditto what Maree said too about boarding. I have just had someone ring a little while and ask me do we do "boarding" for two weeks and this isn't even a former foster. Just someone out of the blue. I did tell them there were plenty of commercial boarding kennels in Canberra. She didn't sound surprised. Obviously hoping a rescue would just look after her animal/s for free....

I do get a few calls from people wanting boarding, when I say that we charge the same as kennels they hang up, they think we will do it for nothing :mad:mad

Maree

CPR

Edited by keetamouse