Council Policies On Injured Animals

I've made contact with a rescue organisation to see if maybe they can help her and I can foster her for them. If that is a possibility I will take you up on your offers of donations, but they will go to the rescue.. :crossfingers:

I haven't given up on her yet.. but I certainly understand if they aren't in a position to help her.

Michelleva I think you have done a wonderful job and I am happy to donate $50 if the surgery should go ahead. But if you can't get a rescue interested please don't feel pressured that you have to do something. You have done so much for that poor little cat already. I think you are fantastic.

Michelleva I think you have done a wonderful job and I am happy to donate $50 if the surgery should go ahead. But if you can't get a rescue interested please don't feel pressured that you have to do something. You have done so much for that poor little cat already. I think you are fantastic.

Thank you, hugs from me. Its been an emotional day for me. How can you worry so much about an animal I\you knew for less than an hour? Its her trusting nature and her purr that will stay with me forever, whether she survives this or not.

Well this roller coaster ride I'm on just gets better and better.

I managed to find a vet willing to take her in if I was prepared to get her out of the shelter, the idea was that they would give her a second opinion with the view of getting her in with a rescue organisation. That was no guarantee that she would make it, but at least she had a chance of making it. That was enough for me.

So I called the pound and told them I was happy to take her in. At that stage they informed me that she's not desexed and they are not allowed to release her before she's had the op. :confused: Now I don't know any vet that would do this surgery on a cat with a broken pelvis.. the cat manager was going to speak to the vet and call me back tomorrow. I already know what the answer will be.

Now what I don't understand is if they knew she wasn't desexed when she arrived at the pound, and they now know the full extent of her injuries and they won't fix her injuries, why is she still there.. why not let her go..

Poor little Desitny, I hope she's not suffering and stressed. I don't see any happy endings here, no matter how much I want to. :(