Puppy With Kennel Cough

Jay57

My poor baby , who is 9 and and 1/2 weeks old has kennel cough, she is on antibiotics, her full sister that came down on the flight with her has also got it, she is not sick, still eating, but just sounds like she is trying to clear her throat, should I contact the breeder , or could she have got it coming down on the plane,

Hi, If It was me I would contact the breeder just to let her know. I hope your girl is ok. My thought is it is unlikely they got in on the plane unless their was other dogs on the plane and one had it?

Two of mine have had it but no antibiotics were needed it cleared up on its own, they were around a dog for 1 minute that was coughing and the next day they were coughing too. Highly contagious.

Hi, If It was me I would contact the breeder just to let her know. I hope your girl is ok. My thought is it is unlikely they got in on the plane unless their was other dogs on the plane and one had it?

Two of mine have had it but no antibiotics were needed it cleared up on its own, they were around a dog for 1 minute that was coughing and the next day they were coughing too. Highly contagious.

[/quote

I will contact the breeder, just to let them know, I am pretty sure there was other dogs on the plane as other's were being picked up at the same time,she is still eating and playing, I honestly thought she had something stuck in her throat, as she does like to chew , she is worse late afternoon and at night,

I have had a puppy with Canine cough at 10 weeks. She ended up with a good cough was put on AB's as a precaution as she was so young and she sailed through fine.

I would let the breeder know just as a courtesy. Hope your little baby is better soon