Frustrated!

TikaAkita

Let the OH take the dog for a walk the last three nights, I just came back from walking her on my own tonight only to discover she is now pulling on the lead something shocking!

Argh. So frustrated!! She wasnt perfect before but she certainly was not this bad.

I will insist on walking her from now on until he decides to listen to my instructions! I think because he is stronger than me he didnt find it hard to walk her while she pulled the whole way and never corrected her.

10 steps backwards on the loose lead training...

Exact same thing I find happens to me if OH walks our girl especially. It is very annoying & yes I think it is cause they are stronger & also OH lets just say doesn't like to listen to me when I suggest not to let her "pull" on lead. I can only sympathize with you & watch this thread with interest :)

Exact same thing I find happens to me if OH walks our girl especially. It is very annoying & yes I think it is cause they are stronger & also OH lets just say doesn't like to listen to me when I suggest not to let her "pull" on lead. I can only sympathize with you & watch this thread with interest :)

Exactly! I'm sure he just doesnt listen to me because he's stubborn and thinks 'how hard is it to walk a dog' :(

Different people certainly do things in different ways laugh.gif. My husband is trying to help with the house breaking of our pom puppy, Peaches. We are teaching her to do her business on newspaper laid out on the floor. I place her on the newspaper and use the same term whenever she is about to do it, i.e. "Pee pee".....on the other hand, my husband uses entire sentences like "go on" "do your pee pee" "comeon be good girl" amongst a series of other things. How many times do I need to tell him that we are dealing with a baby and that one word at a time is all that she can muster for the time being? hitself.gif

Oh I can totally relate.... in fact I think it probably was one of the causes of the demise of my relationship with ex OH :laugh: He just never listened, did his own thing and then I had to fix the problem behaviours.

Ex OH is now gone and I'm still left with some annoying behaviours - ie jumping on people and pulling on lead - but they are better than they were.

Now the new OH is a total pushover - for the dogs that is. They have him wrapped around their paws. They are meant to sleep in their crates at night but the new OH 'jail breaks' them in the middle of the night so they can sleep on the bed. Every morning I roll over to him and the two dogs.

I give up :rofl: on most of it but will NEVER let him walk them!!

My OH is a doll, don't get my wrong & I won't be trading him him any time soon :laugh: He is just a bit soft with Stella & when questioned OH sez, you know "she's just a baby girl" at 19 months old :o

So it really doesn't matter if she pulls on the a little or sneaks up on our new leather lounge when Sonny isn't allowed too :confused:

OH wasn't really a dog fan before I came into his life almost 20 years ago & now he adores them but I swear he also thinks he's Caesar bloody Millan at times :rofl: I just work twice as hard to restore order

when he is at work :D

Edited by BC Crazy

My OH is a doll, don't get my wrong & I won't be trading him him any time soon :laugh: He is just a bit soft with Stella & when questioned OH sez, you know "she's just a baby girl" at 19 months old :o

So it really doesn't matter if she pulls on the a little or sneaks up on our new leather lounge when Sonny isn't allowed too :confused:

OH wasn't really a dog fan before I came into his life almost 20 years ago & now he adores them but also thinks he's Caesar bloody Millan :rofl: I just work twice as hard to restore order

when he is at work :D

Don't they all think they're experts on everything? cooldance.gif Name me a man that freely admits to knowing less than a woman on any subject? tongue.gif

Kudos to you for having the patience to restore order when he's at worklaugh.gif, I'd be pulling him up there and then just as he does with me when he feels that his way is best biggrin.gif

Edited by Perfumed Lillium

Oh my gosh I'm glad I'm not alone! Been training Brutus for loose lead walking, and other things... Husband takes him for a walk and because he "Feels sorry"for the dog he lets him do what ever he likes! Ack! SO here I go having to retrain him for the first 10 mins of every walk so he doesn't pull my arm off.

So hard to get the OH's to listen at times! Especially when I have a bad back and really cant afford to LET the dog pull me! hence the training.. before it was okay.. I could hold him back but now I cant.

Maxiewolf, I'm hearing ya!! I have permanently impaired elbow's, fore arms & hands both left & right. So can't have badly behaved dogs on lead. They have to loose leash walk.

Hmmmm. Still a work in progress unfortunately. First 10 mins of a walk is a very LONG 10 & it is very confusing for the poor dog too. So I see exactly where you are coming from.

Hahah! These replies made me laugh, its not just me having this struggle with training. I love the jail break comment Kiesha09.

My OH certainly will never ever admit to being wrong, or that I might know more than him :eek:

I walked Tika with her gentle leader tonight rather than her harness. She was not impressed at all but was a heck of a lot more managable.