Registered Breeder

Whipitgood

For most of these DD puppy farms - this is not what they are trying to achieve as im sure you are aware.

Its all about financial gain, which is why they charge over $2000 for a cross breed mongrel. Dont kid yourself, its all about the money.

After all, many of our modern breeds were created through a lot of cross breeding 150 to 200 years ago. Eg, many gun dog breeds enjoy the benefits of introducing bloodlines from the lesser St. John's 'water dog'. The modern pug looks nothing like the pugs found in 17th and 18th century paintings.

Half of Queen Elizabeth II's famous corgis are, in fact 'dorgis', ie corgi x daschund (information found on the Royal website).

Better to reserve energy for breeding healthier dogs, who fit in well with modern lifestyles. If you want to pick on breeders, put pressure on those who use dogs with unstable temperament or known health defects.

Exactly, and when many of our modern breeds were developed, years ago...it wasn't for immediate financial gain. There was a bigger purpose to the matings that occured. Many kennels had hundreds of dogs there, kennel help etc...yes a wealthy owners game then....but they often never sold a pup or a litter...hardly a profitable hobby, or one with finances being the main drive to the development of a breed.

My own breed for example, close to extinction, was bred back to the smaller version to get some genetic material that was almost lost.....these dogs were never sold, but held by the man in charge of bringing the dogs back to life, and it was in fact generations before they were put out in others hands. The mating that brought into play our larger cousin, also were done without profits. It seems that our modern day breeders have the distinction of doing it for cash.....the DD breeders only concern because they don't worry about development of a new breed, breeding true or consistant.

I groom hundreds of dogs, and a huge percentage of those are mutts...maltese/shihtzu crosses mostly....a wider range of size, coat type and structures you won't ever see....I am seeing some second generation offspring right now...from a malt/shih father and a malt mother....again, all over the map in looks and size and coat type....these pups were purchased for healthy sums....why were they bred in the first place....because they figured they might as well do it, sell them and pay for either the desex of the bitch later, or their upcoming holiday. There are no other motivations....anyone that argues that point is clearly living in a cave and has been for some time.

Whipitgood, I personally, would write to the CC and tell them what is going on. Let them decide what to do. Also, CC's tend to keep files on members, and if there are sufficient notifications, something will probably be done....maybe not about this, but about something else.

At least the CC is aware

Thats a good idea, thanks. I will do that.

Whipitgood, I personally, would write to the CC and tell them what is going on. Let them decide what to do. Also, CC's tend to keep files on members, and if there are sufficient notifications, something will probably be done....maybe not about this, but about something else.

At least the CC is aware