Snake Repellers

Stitch

We have four.

Do they work - no idea.

One of our bitches has been bitten twice, once by a brown the second time by a black.

Since we got the repellers we haven't seen a snake, but we didn't see either of the ones that bit her - not until after the fact.

A friend has half a dozen across the back of their property and hasn't seen a snake since they put them in, they used to have "lots" passing through

Another friend has found a large brown sunning itself right underneath a functioning snake repeller.

In the big scheme of life they don't cost a lot and if they deter half or three-quarters of snakes then that's all we can really expect in nature IMO.

They're not a substitute for proper maintence, clearing 'hiding places', keeping rodents away etc...

I found they worked pretty well to keep brown snakes away from the dog yard. My neighbour also put them in. Her neighbour got all the snakes for a few years, so the repellers relocated the snakes rather than driving them back into the bush.

I'm terrifed of the approaching Perth summer and associated snake risk. We're on 16 acres and half of it bush. Based on the replies already I'll consider using them. Does anyone have any recommedations of types/brands?

Didn't work for me, last snake removed from this property (last season) was in a direct line between two repellers which were only about 9 feet apart????. I should have saved my money and put it towards the snake mesh I eventually put around the dog runs.

Snake catcher has also posted a video showing a snake in fairly close proximity to one of the repellers...still I know of others who swear by them, just not me....