Worming, Tick And Flea

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

I normally use Heartgard Plus and Frontline Plus but then my vet last check up said that doesn't cover tapeworm so I need to change my products to incorporate that.

She suggested Interceptor Plus which covers heartworm and the tapeworms and then can I still use the Frontline Plus? Or is there a better product out there that combines everything.

I'm very aware I'm in Qld and in paralysis tick country so whatever I chose needs to incorporate tick cover as well.

Just thought i'd gauge advice before I go and order new stock today and be sure.

Many thanks in advance lovely people :) :) :)

Guest donatella

Thanks for this, my vet recommended the Interceptor so i've just bought this. I've heard people favour Advantix over Frontline Plus, is it because its better for ticks?

A lot of people have reported chemical resistance from frontline plus

With the interceptor it says to dose every 4 weeks, but it really lasts up to 6 weeks. I guess 4 weeks is easier for most people to remember, I know I'd rather buy 9 months worth and have it last for 12 months

Donatella we live in Brisbane and i use interceptor spectrum for heartworn and all worm protection and then advatix for ticks , my main concern is paralysis tick I apply 2 weekly as i heard a vet in morning side has had an infkux of cases also heard of a few cases at forest lake.. We also back onto bushland ...

Guest donatella

Donatella we live in Brisbane and i use interceptor spectrum for heartworn and all worm protection and then advatix for ticks , my main concern is paralysis tick I apply 2 weekly as i heard a vet in morning side has had an infkux of cases also heard of a few cases at forest lake.. We also back onto bushland ...

:eek: I'm in morningside, thats no good!

might try Advantix, seems to be the range with all the qld folk :thumbsup: