Treadmill For Dogs

sugabush

Hi can anyone give me some advise on Treadmill exercising for dogs.

I have Labradors and need to exercise them , is there a dog treadmill reccommended or a human one which will do the same job.

Has anyone got any knowledge.

Thanks for your help.

We have a Fitfurlife Superior and are very happy with it.

You cannot safely use a human treadmill for a Lab, as even on the biggest, most expensive human treddy, the deck is not long enough for a Lab to gait properly and comfortably. It will restrict movement and totally defeat your purpose.

I don't think it is expensive. It is a quality unit and I actually thought it was quite inexpensive for what it is.

Marian the rep is very helpful and friendly and it was really easy for us to arrange getting one.

Edited by dyzney

If you are interested in getting a walking machine I would suggest that you look in any of the Greyhound magazines for your state or go to the local Greyhound track and see if they have a notice board or look in the local Greyhound Guide/racing entries for good ones that may be for sale.

The FitFurLife treadmills are really super! We are launching a canine fitness week next week and have been testing a few different canine treadmills to see which is the best to stock on our website. We haven't got them listed on our website yet but feel free to PM me if you have any questions about them etc.