Nemo

may

On the 22 July 2012 NEMO (Grand Champion Fireax Supreme Valour) died after a short illness. It has taken me this long to announce this news as this loss has absolutely devastated our family. From the first day that he joined our family we knew he was special and he lived up to that every day of his life. Nemo provided us with so many hours of joy and happiness. Nemo was so popular wherever he went and many would ask to take him home with them.....we will miss him so much. I am sure he is in heaven with his friend Rony watching the tele together.....love and miss you pansy man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, may. As I've recently lost a dog myself, the best advice I can give you is this:

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Feelings of guilt and regret are a natural part of the grieving process.

Don't expect or try to get all of your grieving done quickly. Whether we like it or not, it is a long process. Basically when it comes down to it, the more you loved, the more you will grieve. Grief is nature's way of recognizing a loss.

Give yourself plenty of space and time to get through it all. If it's too much to think about sometimes (e.g. it's putting you into a rut), than just focus on something else. Go outside and go for a bushwalk, etc. No matter what you do, know that you will never forget him because of it. He will always be in your heart, and you will always love him.

Last but not least, celebrate his life in whatever way you can. And realize/remember that although the pain is tough, it is temporary. The memories however are eternal.

Namaste.