When Is Your Dog Not Your Dog?

flame ryder

Growing up we did actually have several dogs just move in with us.

One was a stray cattle dog x who just turned up the same day we brought home a new puppy and 'moved in'.

He looked like he had been on the road for a while, be he seemed to just decide we were his family and that was that!

The other was a Rotti x owned by a family in the town about 2km away who kept escaping and coming to our place to stay.

He had attached himself to me and the horses and that is where he wanted to be! They eventually told us to keep him :laugh:

On the same vein though, we had a cat who moved out. She decided that the old lady (a family friend) - who lived on her own in the little house at the end of our property - needed a friend.

So she and moved in with her and became her devoted companion - She was an older cat at the time and despite being well pampered and loved I guess she just decided that they would be two old biddies together :laugh:

Edited by espinay2

Cherry is mostly dad's, but really she is a bit like Red Dog - she can be anybody's dog!! At the end of the day though she'll always go back to dad.

Biscuit is mine, there's no doubt about it. He seems to only have eyes for me, is such a good boy for me but not always for anyone else. He is my constant shadow, and if h's not inside following me around, he's outside going by each window following me to each room! Makes you feel a bit special that something could care for you so much :laugh:

And Rusty, I'm not sure to be honest. He was intended to be mine, but in his eyes it's either me or dad, but really don't know which :confused: . He'll whinge for dad and get distracted in the obedience ring if he sees him, but he whines for me too. He is obedient for all 3 of us, but sometimes it seems he would prefer to be with dad more than me. Hopefully I'll know for sure in a few years time, because when I move out I'll take him with me if he chooses, but if not, as hard as it would be, I couldn't bear to take him off dad. Dad seems very smitten by Rusty too. But I'll wait and deal with it when the time comes, it's a while away yet :laugh:

Ella and amber are mine.. Ella is turd for OH even though he's had her since she came home. Amber I had no intentions on her being mine lol she's supposed to be his!! But she is a complete mess for him in the ring if I am near by or if I go away lol shell only train for me lol!!!

Leo on the other hand is OHs he's a happy cuddly boy for me but doesn't work for me.. Only stresses but for OH he is on fire lol! Runs like a dream :)

What breed is Amber? She's gorgeous!