Bairnsdale Trial In November

Just in case anyone is thinking of going down to Bairnsdale the link below is for a pet friendly motel-dogs are permitted in rooms. the cost is $90 for a double room.

He asked if the dog was well behaved and then added if I would like to answer that after the trial :laugh:

www.comfortinnkansascity.com.au

:laugh: Like that answer.

All things being equal, will be there with my two BCs - look forward to meeting you S & W. We've booked a dog-friendly SC cottage down towards Paynesville. :D

Forgot to ask - you doing Morwell as well?

Edited by Tassie

All things being equal, will be there with my two BCs - look forward to meeting you S & W. We've booked a dog-friendly SC cottage down towards Paynesville. :D

Yep. Just wondering if I have enough faith to enter Advanced Rally for Morwell. I have 1 Novice pass. What are you entering?

:rofl: In the same boat - our next trial (a double) is not till the weekend before - Rory needs one Ex pass, Kirra needs 2. So I'll enter Adv B anyway, and Excellent - and hope for the best that it will be Exc B - at least with the Rory man. :D (I've probably put the mozz on myself now. :laugh: ) Will enter Rory in CD, and Kirra in Masters and Open Jumping (and agility in Morwell) - might not do them all :eek:

:rofl: In the same boat - our next trial (a double) is not till the weekend before - Rory needs one Ex pass, Kirra needs 2. So I'll enter Adv B anyway, and Excellent - and hope for the best that it will be Exc B - at least with the Rory man. :D (I've probably put the mozz on myself now. :laugh: ) Will enter Rory in CD, and Kirra in Masters and Open Jumping (and agility in Morwell) - might not do them all :eek:

I am totally exhausted just thinking about it! :dropjaw:

Is that Eagle Point Cottages by any chance? We stayed there with our 2 when we moved here!

For a newbie who wants to come and watch, would you mind telling me when and where the trial is please?

Is that Eagle Point Cottages by any chance? We stayed there with our 2 when we moved here!

For a newbie who wants to come and watch, would you mind telling me when and where the trial is please?

No it is a motel but the cottages look wonderful.

Here are the trial details

Bairnsdale & District Dog Obedience Club Inc Saturday 10th November 2012

Entries close 19 October 2012 Note early close.

1 x Obedience Trial 3x Rally Obedience Trials 1 x Jumping Trial

Judges can compete at these trials. Rally trial classes have staggered starts to permit this.

Obedience:

CCD & Open

UD

UDX & Novice

Rally Obedience Trial A: Novice

Excellent/Advanced

Rally Obedience Trial B: Novice

Advanced/Excellent

Rally Obedience Trial C: Novice

Advanced/Excellent

Judging Commences all classes: 8.30am

Ms Roz Buckley Mr Ross Carlson Mr Trevor Moore

Mrs K Dawn Ayton Mr David Hutson

Mr David Hutson Mrs K Dawn Ayton

Mrs Kim Houlden Mr Ross Carlson

Judging commences 9.00am Judging commences 8.30am

Judging commences 12.30pm Judging commences 12.00pm

Judging commences 12.45p.m. Judging commences 12.15p.m.

Jumping

Novice, Excellent, Masters, Open Mr Peter Buykx Judging Commences 2.30 pm

Check In:

Obedience 7.50a.m.to- 8.15am Rally A 8.15a.m to 8.40a.m. Rally B & C 11.15 to 11.40am Jumping - numbers available after 1pm

Entries - $10 per class No late entries accepted - Payment To BDDOC Inc. PO Box 335 Bairnsdale 3875 All entries on separate form, please include jump height for Advanced & Excellent, also D/B

Awards:

Obedience: Highest score in trial, Highest Bairnsdale CCD, Highest Bairnsdale Member, Highest East Gippsland Member, Highest Gippsland Member.

1st, 2nd, 3rd place ribbons, Qualifying and title ribbons.

Rally Obedience: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place ribbons, Highest scoring Bairnsdale member.

Jumping: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place ribbons, qualifying score, Fastest Bairnsdale member, Fastest East Gippsland

member, Fastest Gippsland member

Camping:

Limited camping is available onsite, no showers. Bookings essential. If breakfast is required please let us know when booking.

@Sue ... Kirra and I usually do 8 runs a day at a double agility trial .. Although I keep saying I'm getting too old for that :-) . How much we actually do will depend a bit on the weather. How it won't be too hot.

@bianca.a ... yes the dogs and I are booked into Eagle Point Cottages. Hope they're nice. By all means come and have a look. I'll be the older woman with greying hair tied back..and 2 black and white Border Collies ..looking frazzled :-)

Edited by Tassie

Yep. Just wondering if I have enough faith to enter Advanced Rally for Morwell. I have 1 Novice pass. What are you entering?

Hi Sue and Waldo

Just a reminder of the rules

taken out of the rule book....

"NOTES: An Exhibit which has gained sufficient awards to qualify for the title of RD, RA, or RE shall NOT be eligible to compete in a higher class at a Rally Trial until such time as the owner/s have lodged an application for recognition of the title with the Canine Control in the State or Territory in which the registered owner/s reside."

Hi Sue and Waldo

Just a reminder of the rules

taken out of the rule book....

"NOTES: An Exhibit which has gained sufficient awards to qualify for the title of RD, RA, or RE shall NOT be eligible to compete in a higher class at a Rally Trial until such time as the owner/s have lodged an application for recognition of the title with the Canine Control in the State or Territory in which the registered owner/s reside."

Ah-good point. So there goes my big plan to get Rally Advanced this year.

Thank you! I will come and be nosey! Yes the cottages are really good, we stayed there for 9 weeks (I think) until we bought a house. I live not even 5 minutes away :)

I will be in rally novice and maybe obedience cd :bolt: with Waldo the wonderful (with the handler who can stuff him up at times) black mini schnauzer. You could also look for the bored husband who is coming down for the weekend and he has never even seen a competition yet. I am trying to explain to him the difference between the events and that you can't just suddenly decide to enter :banghead:

@Sue ... Kirra and I usually do 8 runs a day at a double agility trial .. Although I keep saying I'm getting too old for that :-) . How much we actually do will depend a bit on the weather. How it won't be too hot.

@bianca.a ... yes the dogs and I are booked into Eagle Point Cottages. Hope they're nice. By all means come and have a look. I'll be the older woman with greying hair tied back..and 2 black and white Border Collies ..looking frazzled :-)

Hi Tassie

Both Morwell & Bairnsdale know how to put on great events!

It will be nice to meet up again.

Hope we get a chance to chat!

I plan to stay at dog friendly cabins near Sale which is approximately, 1/2 way between Bairnsdale & Morwell

About to send my entries

I am contemplating

IF it will be too tricky for me to enter Obedience with 1 dog & the early Rally & both the later RALLY O. Advanced B & Excellent B .....with two dogs ?

@bianca.a - make sure you find us and say hi.

@Canine Coach :D I used to do the Gippsland Riviera 3 day in June - haven't done it for years. I love those clubs.

Yeah - go for broke. :rofl: I will be entering Adv B, and Excellent - which will only be A if the kids don't finish their RE the week before at our trial - the first one we've had since Albury. If they do - have to get their title application in on the Monday before the Bairnsdale trial, and ask the Trial Secretaries for a move-up to Excellent B. As long as my application has gone in, that should work -it does in Agility. The rule that Melody has quoted says "eligible to compete", which is the same wording as in agility - doesn't talk about entries, so I'm hoping.

Will be good to catch up with you. :)

@Canine Coach :D I used to do the Gippsland Riviera 3 day in June - haven't done it for years. I love those clubs.

Yeah - go for broke. :rofl: I will be entering Adv B, and Excellent - which will only be A if the kids don't finish their RE the week before at our trial - the first one we've had since Albury. If they do - have to get their title application in on the Monday before the Bairnsdale trial, and ask the Trial Secretaries for a move-up to Excellent B. As long as my application has gone in, that should work -it does in Agility. The rule that Melody has quoted says "eligible to compete", which is the same wording as in agility - doesn't talk about entries, so I'm hoping.

Please note there is no Club address listed on their flier

The correct address to mail entries is as follows:

Bairnsdale & District Dog Obedience Club

P. O. Box 335

Bairnsdale Vic. 3875

What rally trial is the week before? I can't see one on the trial site.