Dog Grooming Chin Rest

ChewieTAG

Hi

I am looking to get a dog chin rest pillow - looks just like this click link. smile.gif

I find grooming Snowy's face without something for him to lie on is hard as he moves around to find a comfy place to rest. I have one small pillow for him but I think it's not sufficient because his head rolls over to the side sometimes.

So the proper chin rest would be best.

Does anyone know where I can get one in Victoria or online? smile.gif

Thanks!

post-45759-0-74402500-1347656649_thumb.jpg

A rolled towel can be a very good chin rest, as well as round bolster cushions which come in some lovely fabrics.

Edited by Arcane

I have found that a baby/toddler neck support pillow works well for my toy breed dog. Also the very soft bean filled pillows (similar to a bean bag) work well too as they shape to fit and support the dogs neck. You can pick them up very cheaply at most op-shops and see if it will work for you.

I have a couple of different ones you would be welcome to try if you lived close enough. PM me if interested in trying them or I can email you photos of them to show what they look like.

Don't know how big those chin rests are but they look like the travel pillows that you put round your neck. They are sold in most pharmacies, bag shops and bargain stores. :)

Maybe you could adapt one of them to suit?

Yes, they look exactly like the travel pillow. I did thought of it but I think the travel pillow is too big for Shih Tzu. I wonder if there is any travel pillow for kids? Maybe that will work! laugh.gif

I have found that a baby/toddler neck support pillow works well for my toy breed dog. Also the very soft bean filled pillows (similar to a bean bag) work well too as they shape to fit and support the dogs neck. You can pick them up very cheaply at most op-shops and see if it will work for you.

I have a couple of different ones you would be welcome to try if you lived close enough. PM me if interested in trying them or I can email you photos of them to show what they look like.

Oh! Didn't know about baby neck support pillow. I shall check out Coles to see if they sell it? I thought of the travel pillow bean type but should be too big.

Do you know where I can get the baby support pillow? laugh.gif Never come across of it because didn't have a need for it (no kids at the mo..) biggrin.gif

Oh! Didn't know about baby neck support pillow. I shall check out Coles to see if they sell it? I thought of the travel pillow bean type but should be too big.

Do you know where I can get the baby support pillow? laugh.gif Never come across of it because didn't have a need for it (no kids at the mo..) biggrin.gif

I picked up mine from my local op-shop for a couple of dollars.