Interesting Conversation With Rspca Inspector.

asal

I am not saying you cannot talk about it and I am not saying you deserved it. I am wondering if someone is out to cause you issues.

I have also heard of the lady and the debarked dogs and various other cases but I am yet to actually know someone who has well looked after healthy animals who have had the RSPCA called in on them.

I assumed you must have a neighbour or know someone who is calling them onto you and trying to cause you problems.

Some small chips or cracks on a horses feet are not of concern, especially when the horse is not lame and is regularly trimmed by a farrier. Why was the insepctor even looking at the horse? wasn't she called regarding dogs in small cages?

I am not sure which state you are in but they sound rather over the top!

why are u using the plural sense?

how can you use that term when the first instance I refer to occured 12 years ago and this one just occurred recently?

I understand my crime was I parked my station waggon (the back was up and all the windows open because the dogs were in the vehicle) at a fast food outlet and another customer took down my number plate because they believed the three carry cages were boxes. The description the Special Constable read to me said I "had them stuffed into boxes and it appeared they lived permantly in them in the back of the vehicle"?

as for the horse I gather you are also unaware that once a complaint has been lodged the special constable then by law has full access to inspect every living creature on the premises for any possible breeche's of care. They do not have to be vets, they do not have to have any completed animal husbandary degrees, they only need to be "enrolled, in an animal care course."

Perhaps your tone is unintentioned, you say you have never met anyone with healthy animals had a complaint made against them?

Am I or anyone reading that to assume you just may suspect mine were not healthy or I would not have a legal carry crate described as a box ?

To both myself and the Special Constable who came as a result of the call and saw for herself what 'boxes' were in the vehicle, came to the conclusion that the 'concerned caller' had no idea that it is illegal to transport a dog or dogs loose in a moving vehicle or have the faintest idea what a legal carry crate is or looks like.

So you see there is no friend or neighbour involved. I have not had a Special Constable arrive after a complaint in the last 13 years,(the previous one was 2000 or is two in 13 years constitute me being classed as a repeat offender?

I perceive this incident as the day has arrived, if you have more than one dog with you whenever or wherever you go now, you will attract the attention of anyone who watches the programs calling for the public to be on the lookout for collectors, BYB and puppy farmers.

I am not afraid of this Special Constable, I actually admire her, she was incredibly nice to a very agitated old duck.

Trouble is I am only too aware that all it will take is one to decide to use the power that I learned exists and what it will mean financially, even worse if anthing could be found to charge me, it isnt the fine that will send you bankrupt if a guilty verdict is made, it is the court costs awarded to their legal teams that can amount to hundreds of thousands when they choose to do so.

Edited by asal

I have also heard of the lady and the debarked dogs and various other cases but I am yet to actually know someone who has well looked after healthy animals who have had the RSPCA called in on them.

Do you realise that seems as if you wonder if that lady many not have healthy animals either?

As I recall not one person who knew this lady believed she was in any way deserving of the nightmare she was dragged through.

Will you never believe anyone until the day arrives where you "actually know someone who has well looked after healthy animals who have had the RSPCA called in on them."

Is that what is called apathy, untill its your butt in the fire?

No sorry you are not understanding what I am saying.

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong, I am asking if you have had had someone trying to cause trouble for you.

I will leave it now as you are not getting it.

ha now I understand. Totally forgot about that Puppy complaint as it was dropped the second he heard I had thrown in the towel and dispersed my dogs after the "dogs in boxes" complaint.

The visit just completed was a follow up of the "boxes" complaint.

Pure bad luck that one I suspect, how a vet can decide fluid on or in the brain is inherited yet not occur until the puppy is some 6 or 7 months old is beyond me.

the perfect age for lapping the house or anywhere else and running into things occasioning concussion and such. Managed a beauty myself last year, not recommended at all.

maybe we are going to learn you cant get concussion unless your parents have a faulty brain one day?

so far as I know concussion is cause by the brain being bruised by rapid deceleration of the skull when it hits something, like a solid object for example and since most of it is fluid the impact of the brain with the skull is the problem?

Sorry I am just so worried, I am working hard to stay calm and fix any possible imperfection that might be found. In the case of my horse I want the farrier here yesterday so he cant be seized and fixed by them and whatever other costs added like they did with stringy.

It only cost me $48 for my vet to diagnose the blue gene alopecia.

It cost me $500 for the RSPCA to confirm my vet was telling the truth.

Edited by asal

I realise I did not explain Marion's horses had been on agistment and when she learned they were starving there she booked two trucks and had them brought back to her property where she lived, they had only been back less than 2 weeks when the complaint was made by someone who noticed them over the fence.

She knew there was a chance of that, they were in awful condition when they came back. We both believed that as they all now had access to all they wanted to eat and plenty of water, with the result they were gaining back their weight amazingly fast there would not be a problem. Marion having a short temper and being rude led to the inspector deciding to "form the opinion" immediately. Instead of the normal, will come back to check in two weeks, or the tied hands story's.

I think maybe I would have put the sorry tale and the instant seizure down to being Marions fault for her short temper.

That day at the Auction and the Inspector told the Auctioneer "no one but the doggers are allowed to bid on these horses" made me realise just how immense the power our politicions have handed over without one single check or balance included to intervene when something goes nasty.

It was not until I received Richard Amery's letter years later after it had been my turn to discover normal practice, ie, told the nature of the complaint and 2 weeks to rectify. Is not the the only power they have. Nor do they have to do so.

Until I received that letter I had no idea that all an Inspector/Special Constable needs is to "form the opinion" to seize instantly.

I also have since learned from watching the experince of others in the news and the press, that if you are charged no matter how you want to fight for your reputation, you need your head read if you do not plead guilty.

The old lady with the debarked dog in Victora I belive pleaded guilty, but the magistrate I understand refused to accept the plea and dismissed the case.

The rammifications if you do not win will be the awarded legal fees of their solicitors can probably lose you your home even if a conviction brings down a nominal fine.

Edited by asal

I am not saying you cannot talk about it and I am not saying you deserved it. I am wondering if someone is out to cause you issues.

I assumed you must have a neighbour or know someone who is calling them onto you and trying to cause you problems.

Some small chips or cracks on a horses feet are not of concern, especially when the horse is not lame and is regularly trimmed by a farrier. Why was the insepctor even looking at the horse? wasn't she called regarding dogs in small cages?

I think some of it is impacted by where you live and what breed you are in and what activities you do with your dogs.

The RSPCA have no option but to investigate complaints.

I think some of it is impacted by where you live and what breed you are in and what activities you do with your dogs.

The RSPCA have no option but to investigate complaints.

Thanks Steve.

completly correct.

so once they are at your property they inspect everything not only on your land but any other livestock you may have anywhere else.

three properties down are 5 ponies, she asked do we own them in which case if the answer is yes , they too would be inspected and assessed.

That is the law.

I am amazed how little people know what will happen if the phone call is about them one day.

This is a Stud Jersey Cow you could see at any show one day.

JerseyCattle_GlenarronDuchess8xASTOUND-21.jpg

If your jersy or any other bovine looks like this, if a Special Constable arrives and sees her, people in australia, have had their stock shot and charged with cruelty. A huge number of Special Constables know nothing of large livestock, horses or catte, let alone dairy breeds,all they have had is book learning.

I made the mistake of mentioning lack of knowldege of livestock the different breeds has led to a number of innocent animals being slaughtered. Another reason for my acute nervousness at being inspected.

I was asked had I ever seen the animals in question.

I fount it is easy to google for the photos. The ones pictured on the net that I have seen are the same condition as cattle I have bid on and bought at the local cattle sales and they were not even shiny coated like the animals listed as having been submitted to the magistrate from the RSPCA files and the ones the family took the same day as well are available for viewing on the net of the animals both before and after they were shot.

These are the reasons I am so afraid of being inspected, it is simply a matter of opinion of the Special Constable to form the opinion and you have no avenue of appeal.

Even that stupid debarking law in Victoria hasnt been repealed yet. So anyone who lives in another state and has has ever bought a dog born in Victoria and had it debarked in your state, better not move to Victoria if you are still showing, because it is still law that a Victorian resident cannot show a dog born in Victoria and debarked in another state.

Edited by asal