Problems With Puppy Teeth

Guest Maeby Fünke

IMHO, puppy teeth do some strange and wonderful things as they grow - undershot, overshot, just horrible, but if the parents have good mouths, 95% of their progeny do too, and experienced breeders will tell you not to look during the developmental stage.

I have what I hope is a show pup - lovely mouth - should have a scissors bite; looked at her the other day - very undershot!! Shut her mouth did not look for a few weeks. Perfect scissors bite!! :thumbsup: I love breeding dogs, you never know what will happen next.

Guest Labradork

IMHO, puppy teeth do some strange and wonderful things as they grow - undershot, overshot, just horrible, but if the parents have good mouths, 95% of their progeny do too, and experienced breeders will tell you not to look during the developmental stage.

I have what I hope is a show pup - lovely mouth - should have a scissors bite; looked at her the other day - very undershot!! Shut her mouth did not look for a few weeks. Perfect scissors bite!! :thumbsup: I love breeding dogs, you never know what will happen next.

Thank you, that is reassuring :)

This was the first time I had ever had problems with puppy teeth and it was very worrying.