What Flea & Tick Product Do You Use? Also What Heartworm?

No tick worries here.

I did use advocate but have changed to Sentinel Spectrum as having to put liquid on them was a total pain in the bum. I didn't want to put it on inside but it was that cold that when they were outside I couldn't put it on as they had coats on.

So I gave up and got Sentinel instead

Edited by OSoSwift

Would frontline plus be more effective than a tick collar for tick prevention? I have been using proban but now running out. I can't use Advantix, unfortunately.

Can I ask why you can't use advantix?

Tick collars

Kiltix is at 92% efficacy (efficiency) and preventic at 62%. Frontline Plus at just 62% efficacy.

Remember with Tick Collars they take 24-48 hours to disemminate the active ingredients all over the dog and that each time your dog swims or has a bath to remove the collar prior and then it takes a full 24-48 hours again to redistribute the active ingredients again.

You can use Kitlix collars WITH advantix for additional coverage and protection

Kiltix colalrs have 92% efficacy and 50% repellency effects. they are effective for 6 weeks for paralysis ticks and 5 months for all other ticks.

Edited by nowstarin

No ticks here and we use Sentinel Spectrum. It's a flea contraceptive so if the dogs pick up a hitchhiker flea ot two they can't breed and infest the house and none of the dogs have ever had worms or fleas. Very happy with this product.

Thanks for the information, Nowstarin. My tibbie reacts to Advantix. It looks like he has been burnt with his skin going red. He was also yelping with pain which is very unlike him. The vet said it was a reaction to the treatment. I have used Frontline Plus on a couple of occasions when the tibbies were at the kennels and he was fine. I will try the Kiltix collar. The stats are helpful, thanks.