Surgery Gone Well

Zeke had his surgery today to remove a wart from his eyelid and two fatty tissue limpomas from side & shoulder. The surgery all went well, he's home now and all bandaged up looking sorry for himself. A little groggy from the anesthetic, he paced around inside for an hour before finally settling down to sleep. He had pre-anaesthetic bloodwork done and IV fluids, since I knew what to expect thanks to some helpful folk from here :)

Going to be fun trying to keep he and Maya separated though. She dotes on her big brother and wants to play with him all the time. At least I have the next two days off work, so Zeke can doze at home under OH's care and Maya can head off to the markets, beach and dog park. Zeke's appetite had already returned (Lab X!) so I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly.

post-40409-0-23981300-1349351651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris the Rebel Wolf

Awww poor fella, fingers crossed for an extra speedy recovery. Hope he has a good night, back in April when my boy had a lump out from under his arm and a wart off his face he cried and cried in pain all night, it was horrible. I hope Zeke has a good sleep and feels a little better in the morning.

He slept well through the night, though he was baffled at first when I put his cone on. This morning when I removed the dressing I found a tiny part of cotton caught in the healing stitches, and that was a pain to get out! He seems comfortable, though I have him on painkillers, so that could be why.

I'm extremely glad Maya isn't hassling him, she seems very sensitive to him, and isn't pestering him to play the way she usually is :thumbsup: