Show Leash

JessicaM

Haha. When I originally started plaiting, it was only so I could make my own leads and any I sold, basically paid for the leather.

I was fortunate enough to apprentice under a master plaiter, who cut and trimmed his own. I can do it too, but sometimes it is more effort than I have time for.

There are so many now who are plaiting, and the cord leads are much cheaper and come in more variety of colour than leather. My first lead is now 18 years old now and still just as strong as it was when I first made it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replys! Well I ended up borrowing a very basic material slip leash, similar to a chocker but a whole leash on Tuesday night practice and I really liked it.

Was going to head down to Dogs SA shop this week but now I had my car break down on the freeway! :mad so now I dont have a car, luckily enough I orded one over the phone! So im hoping out of the hundreds they had in the store my discription was met. So in the end I bought a cheap $8.50 leash and should get it tomorrow by express post! cross fingers* and after Lilys first show on Sunday I can go and buy my own suits and lots of pretty bling leashes! hahaha

:thumbsup: I will have to have a look at all the web sites you all gave me, Im going to be buying abit of stuff hehe :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jessica, Just in case you are interested, I make show leads AND am in SA :) The dog shop at DogsSA stock our leads, or if there was something specific you wanted (colours, lengths, type etc) have a look at our website... www.eyecandyleads.com... all our leads are custom made, and we can make something to your specifications :)

Either way, good luck in your search! Lauren.