Recommended Vet

tanteNdut

Hi,

We just moved from Queensland a couple of weeks ago and our mini schnauzer is starting to develop UTI. She's been getting this on and off for the past couple of months and we think it was because of her pee pads (we used to live in an apartment) and the stress from moving houses, so we bought a new one especially designed for pets (her previous one was a patch of artificial grass we picked up from bunnings). We've ordered cranberry powder for prevention in the future, but in case it doesn't go away within the next week we want to take her to the vet.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a vet around Sydney/Newtown area...we have a car, so anywhere within 30mins drive would be okay. Oh and it would be great if you can share your experience with UTI and any supplement that you use.

Thanks!

My pup had recurrent UTI's in the first few months of her life and she's been on cranberry ever since, even though the UTI's have stopped.

I wouldn't wait to take her to the vet, a UTI is painful and can get worse really quickly, why not just take her now? There are heaps of vets in Newtown. If you want a natural vet, I'd recommend one in Russell Lea, All Natural Vet Clinic. Otherwise Sydney Animal Hospital, Newtown is okay as a vet.

Pennant Hills vet definitely - as Sas said. I travel there from the Inner West. Ian is hands down best vet I've dealt with. Practical and thorough.

Petersham Vet - I was booked in there one day and had such appalling service from them re boarding arrangements I cancelled.

Sydney Animal Hospital at Erskineville - would not touch them - bad experience there myself and heard many horror stories in the dog park

Sydney Animal Hospital at Stanmore - seem to have a better reputation but was not impressed when they could not even manage a simple grooming request when my cat was boarding.

Sydney Uni Vet - good but expensive and tend to over service.

Gladesville Vet has a good reputation.