What Information Do You Want

Rainy

Hi guy's I’m in need of a little help and direction.

I have been given the task of updating and re designing (with the help of a website builder) the Shoalhaven dog Training Club's website. The old one has been closed down as it was extremely out of date and giving misinformation to members. So now I’ve got to get the new one up and running.

So I figured I’d ask the dol brains trust what are the most important things to you that should be on a clubs website?

I’ve got the basics covered :

Welcome

Membership info

What we train at the club (obed and ajilty)

Club rules

Wet weather info

Gallery

Newsletters

Looking forward to your ideas :thumbsup:

Congrats on designing the site!

You have the most important for me covered - wet weather info! Always good to know their wet weather policy, and a number to call if unsure, or update the website with training on or off due to weather etc.

What to bring for new members (types of collars/leads allowed, treats, toys etc)

Days and times you train, and if this is different for different levels of classes or different disciplines

Agree I like to see training philosophies, if there is anything that is expressly NOT allowed I want to know that straight away and also if there is anything that MUST be done. I like to see achievements of people in the club, some action shots of classes or people with their dogs, I personally like to see photos of instructors with their dogs (and with the instructors name so that you can familiarise yourself with them, actually same thing for committee members). If it's volunteer based I also like that emphasised and with a "how you can help" section (our club is volunteer based and it is still only the instructors and committee that do things even though everyone could help out just by doing simple things like helping put out/away the water buckets, poo bins, signs, etc but I think they just assume it gets done by others).

I would include class levels that I understood. Green class or level 1 or advanced could mean anything. I would also like to know the process of moving from one level to the next. If you were interested in competing in obedience or other dog sports what support is available.

If you use bandanas to identify dogs that need extra distance I would like to read an explanation of this as I find that people don't grasp this-regardless of how many times it is explained.

Well done for asking and not just re-designing what you already have.

A link to your facebook page - our wet days we're to look on the facebook page to see if the class is on, it's a pita finding the page when I'm not on my home computer.

What is expected of you page - ie, dont let your dog race up to greet other dogs because not all dogs appreciate that and may react. ASK before going up to pet another dog.

How you can help page - do you fundraise for your club? if you do what days do you sausage sizzle that sort of thing. Do you have a social day (xmas party) and if you do is a gold coin donation or is it free.

Extras page - At the end of each 4 week block is there a fun day where you put out rally O gear and agility gear and all grades mix and have fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good.

Just noticed a few small mistakes.

on your trick page

first "bad" game - he can out runt you. Should that be out run?

Home page - you refer to the black dog haltie and black dog halter - are they one and the same?

Also - Vaccination requirements? Are they C3 or C5?