Flight Aftercare For Pup

Llante

Towel & bottle of water will be fine - please don't give a pup fresh off the plane a full bath :eek:

Assuming there's even any grass at the airport most areas very close to the freight terminal will have been used by other dogs whch have just come off planes. Most of these dogs will be healthy but unfortunately some bad rescues have been known to send sick dogs. Me, I would stick her in her crate in the car and take her to work -assuming that's less than 30-40 minutes drive. Let her pee in the carpark there, no need for her to go on the grass at all. Honestly I don't freak too much about pups going out in public before they're "fully vaccinated" but it's best to avoid areas where lots of dogs will have been - which includes the small grass areas at airports :)

Ah ok! I'll do a small rub down. I'll drive down the road before letting her go. Or she can go in the crate if she needs to. Works about a 40 min drive, depending on traffic and I'll be getting after school and maybe work traffic 3:30-4.

Thanks all for the advice! Lots of things I wouldn't have thought of!

Towel & bottle of water will be fine - please don't give a pup fresh off the plane a full bath :eek:

Assuming there's even any grass at the airport most areas very close to the freight terminal will have been used by other dogs whch have just come off planes. Most of these dogs will be healthy but unfortunately some bad rescues have been known to send sick dogs. Me, I would stick her in her crate in the car and take her to work -assuming that's less than 30-40 minutes drive. Let her pee in the carpark there, no need for her to go on the grass at all. Honestly I don't freak too much about pups going out in public before they're "fully vaccinated" but it's best to avoid areas where lots of dogs will have been - which includes the small grass areas at airports :)

Ah ok! I'll do a small rub down. I'll drive down the road before letting her go. Or she can go in the crate if she needs to. Works about a 40 min drive, depending on traffic and I'll be getting after school and maybe work traffic 3:30-4.

Thanks all for the advice! Lots of things I wouldn't have thought of!

Hi Llante. I would also recommend making a lavender spray (abit of lavender oil plus water) and giving the pup a few spitzes (?) it has a calming effect and will help with the smell if the pup has gone to toilet (which is quite likely!)

First off be prepared for the flight to maybe arrive late & wait for the dogs to be offloaded sometimes there fast sometimes there very slow.

.I would simply offer the food the pup is use to eating per your breeders chart as that is what its stomach is use to,it may be use to bones it may not be but give the wrong food & you will regret it .

All my dogs are frequent flyers from pup onwards & not one has messed .

As already mentioned don't have everyone going crazy over the pup ,some travel really well some take a time to settle & youare all strangers to the pup the surroundings will be foreign & maybe even the noises .

So take it slow the first experience could be a lasting one