Seeking Professional Behavioural Help?

Markable

Hello guys. Has anyone had a reason to get professional behavioural help for their pup/young dog? What things caused you to make the decision and where did you look for help? What was the price of assistance and was there ongoing support follow-up checks? What were the reasons for needing help?

We got a behaviourist out for our young dog who we adopted from the Pound. She was having behavioural issues with meeting new dogs/people and it was escalating into aggression. It isn't cheap, but we only had the one session for a couple of hours and it is absolutely amazing how just making a few little changes with what we were doing has helped enormously. The group we went through would charge for 3 call outs if necessary, and then after the 3rd call out - they would give free lifetime assistance.

If you are wanting a behaviourist, just let us know what area you are in, and the wise folks on here can recommend you one.

People get themi in for many reasons, dog aggression, pulling on walks, growling, resource guarding, food aggression, down to not getting off the couch when told.

I paid around $90 (couple of years ago) from memory, and that included a report & follow up support by email if needed. My dog was behaving strangely, resource guarding, slinking around, going for my other dog....which is now all under control.