Keeping An In-heat Kelpie Amused

mixeduppup

So Torque is in season and is house/yardbound for the coming week or two. I have an agility set up but she's not very interested,

Just curious...but why can't you use this time to get her interested? Especially if you are considering agility in her future...

I'm never going to use her for agility. I'm going to eventually compete with Maybe my rescue kelpie. Torque is just for working. She hate the agility equipment (and kinda sucks at it lol) and would rather herd the chickens all day.

So Torque is in season and is house/yardbound for the coming week or two. I have an agility set up but she's not very interested,

Just curious...but why can't you use this time to get her interested? Especially if you are considering agility in her future...

I'm never going to use her for agility. I'm going to eventually compete with Maybe my rescue kelpie. Torque is just for working. She hate the agility equipment (and kinda sucks at it lol) and would rather herd the chickens all day.

You don't just throw them on it and hope for the best :laugh: What have you tried to do?

Ok, no worries :)

Lol, I have one just for working too :) except that somehow she seems to have taught herself agility by watching the others rofl1.gif And seems hellbent on doing it...with or without me!

Edited by Vickie

You don't just throw them on it and hope for the best :laugh: What have you tried to do?

She's an exceedingly lazy dog if stock aren't present. I tried her with a friend's tunnel (I don't have on myself) and she flopped down in the middle of it, even with me jumping around like an idiot with her favourite treat on the other side, so then we sent Maybe through and she flopped down again. I've tried the bending and she grabs the poles and carts them away. She's good at fetch but will flop down half way if she gets bored, the only thing she never gets bored with or lazy with is stock, she'll work all day.

Torque is a very slow dog (kinda ironic with a name like Torque) I actually do that game with Maybe, she's speedy and loves "dog barrel racing" as my friend calls it. Talk rarely gets faster than a slow trot unless she has sheep in front of her :laugh: