Hydraulic Grooming Table

rocshani

I have 2 that are actually hydraulic garage lift tables converted for grooming. We just use an angle grinder to cut a bit out of each end (not the actual top but the side runner bit) so that grooming arms can be attached. I love them because they are rock steady. I am very nervous of tipping tables after a very bad experience over 20 yrs ago. I have used these 'home made' hydraulic tables commercially for all size & shape dogs for over 6 yrs now and they are reliable and steady steady steady. All I have to do in the way of maintenance is top up a little hydraulic oil every 12 months or so to maintain good action. They go down to my ankles and pump up to my bust. They are foot pump action with a release handle higher up. This could be modified to a foot action too. I use the extra heavy duty ones and they were approx $500 each. The modifications cost nothing & a metre of very thick heavy rubber mat from Clarks did both for under $100. The mat has lasted perfectly after 6 yrs and going strong , held in place by the grooming arm clamp.

I'll see if I can find some pictures. check back.

OK here are the only pictures I could find just at the moment. I'll take some better ones at work tomorrow if any one is interested. Let me know.

post-34343-0-18605200-1353398553_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-12342300-1353398571_thumb.jpg

On the second one you can just see the angled cut each side of the clamp where we cut out for the clamp.

Edited by Arcane

Yes they are on really good strong wheels with excellent locking brakes. Once they are breaked they just don't move, even with a reluctant Bordeaux or similar size/bulk throwing a tanty on it!

The push bar at the end has the hand release on it as well. I find the push bar really handy for my dribble towel rack and if you put your main grooming clamp at that end it works out really well. I have no trouble at all moving around the table & grooming the dogs. If you wanted to the push bar can be removed altogether & the hand release cable can be cut and put down at foot level.

The tables are easy to wheel about despite being very very heavy. It takes at least 2 strong people to lift one.

No the type of mat I chose does not mark the light/white dogs. I was very careful with what I chose! I frequently get scared SWF leaning & digging in etc and it does not mark them, nor when they are wet. The one I blow dry on does have a thick towel over the mat, and if I have a black dog or a dribbler I put a coloured towel over the mat on the finishing/grooming table.

I will get some close up pics & measurements tomorrow of table & mat if you like?

I got mine from Gasweld and the matting from Clark Rubber

link

This is pretty much the exact one I have. Actually I have the 500kg capacity ones! There is a smaller lighter weight yellow one available which I got all excited about because it was a lot cheaper, but when I went to inspect them I found the lighter cheaper yellow one wobbled like mad and was really quite small. I have never regretted spending the money on the heavier ones.

Edited by Arcane

Do you know the name of the rubber matting by any chance?

No i'm sorry I don't. It's just off a roll at the rubber shop. I will get some close ups & thickness etc for you tomorrow. I know it's got sort of fabric thread stuff in it and it's quite shiny on the surface.

The dogs nails mark it but in all the years no one has managed to really scar it. Interestingly it has NEVER marked a dog, but when I wipe it clean with a damp rag & cleaner it makes the rag black!

ok more pics as promised....

This one is a view underneath showing the section we cut out to accommodate table clamps

post-34343-0-38734900-1353494955_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-57190600-1353495005_thumb.jpg

The black one is exactly the same table, just sprayed black with a couple of cans of spray after a light sanding.

post-34343-0-92511900-1353495036_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-38029900-1353495087_thumb.jpg

Here is the close up of the mat. It clearly shows 3 layers stuck together. It's 5-6 mm thick and very heavy. Hopefully you can find it at the rubber shop.

post-34343-0-35296500-1353495107_thumb.jpg

Here is another view of the clamp cut out on the black one.

post-34343-0-00314200-1353495126_thumb.jpg

Got a new Aeolus grooming table recently from Groomers World and I am very happy with it.

It is round so I can turn the table/dog around when I am grooming and it also has a hydraulic lift....wonderful!! :thumbsup:

Is this table a pedestal type with one stem leg in the middle? Or is it a regular type hydraulic table with a rectangular base to all 4 corners? I only ask because I have always found that the pedestal type are quite unstable and get the wobbles if you get a heavy trembler on there. I used to have a pedestal type hydraulic table but couldn't stand the instability / wobbles.

It is the centre pedestal type.

I don't have a problem with it wobbling ..... yet, but at the price I paid compared with others that I have seen, it represents great value and I LOVE being able to turn it to access the other side of the dog without moving myself.

If it does eventually wobble I will worry about that then! :laugh:

• 6 months later...

Just restarting this topic as I am looking for a hydraulic table... big enough for a lab or large spaniel....

Thought about these

http://www.ozgroomingworld.com.au/shop/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=12&product_id=255

AEOLUS Deluxe Hydraulic Grooming Table with Arm

Rock-solid at any adjusted height, from 51.5-101cm. Outstanding quality of hydraulic pump, continuously used for 50,000 times.<li> Silver vein surface, antistatic baked epoxy finish for durability.<li> Unique "Z" shape design eliminates wobbling and tipping.<li> Elastic PVC edging, resists scratches and hauls.<li> All metal-edge, durable and long-lasting.<li> Removable desktop and easy to clean, allows the possibility to change the colour into more personal and fashionable styles.<li>Outstanding loading capacity of 150kg (300lbs), is strong enough for most breeds.<li>Table top is non-slip pure rubber matting, pyramidal pattern, scraping resistant and easy to clean, and is waterproof 7-layer plywood top.<li>Size is 126cm x 65cm x 51.5-101cm (49"x26"x19-40").

Contents

• AEOLUS deluxe hydraulic grooming table
  • AEOLUS grooming table arm set (L frame)

Specification

Table Size126cm x 65cm x (51.5cm~101cm)Net Weight

48.2kg