Yongnuo Flash And Canon 100mm L Macro?

CrazyCresties

Ok OH has said she’ll get me a lens for xmas, (well originally it was going to be another tattoo, but I have some planning to do for that and it won’t be for a few months), so I said a new lens would go down well instead :)

I was thinking about the new Tamron 90mm VC macro, but it has only just been released and few reviews or sample pics are available so far. I saw CameraPro has the Canon 100mm L IS USM macro for $725! That’s crazy cheap and free shipping, so very tempted. Do I recall someone on here had this lens, if so how are you finding it? It could be my first ‘L’ lens :D

http://www.camerapro.com.au/canon-ef-100mm-f-2-8l-macro-is-usm-lens-australian-stock.html

Also I really need to start learning to use a flash – I have read a bit about the cheap Yongnuo flash units, and they now have a model that does HSS, which I might find useful for macro stuff. At $200 on ebay and Amazon it seems like a no brainer, but again wondered if anyone on here had any real world experience with a Yongnuo flash?

http://flashhavoc.com/yongnuo-yn-568ex-review/

TIA :D

I just bought the canon L series 100mm macro and I have been playing with it every day in the 100 days of summer thread..

I love it but still have heaps to learn from it.

Awesome portrait lens and it makes teeny tiny things look so big...

My speedlight was stolen in August last year and I haven't looked at replacing it yet.

Ah thanks Staffyluv, I'll have look at the 100 days thread :) I just feel I'm ready for an upgrade now from my 60mm Tamron, it's done me well but I could do with a bit more distance from the subject sometimes and I think the USM and focus limiter will be very handy :)

Just phoned a store in Perth that stocks the Yongnuo flashes - $400 for the model that is $200 pretty much everywhere online, I know they have overheads etc. but what's the point of stocking a cheap chinese flash if you're going to sell it for stupid money :shrug: