Teeth Scale And Clean

This will vary for different vets, but for our clinic the price varies tremendously depending on how bad the dental disease is - we scale it from a 1 (small amount tartar/gingivitis) to 4 (severe dental disease).

For a grade 1 dental you would be looking at around $165, grade 4 dental with extractions in an older dog requiring aged care anaesthetic has cost upwards of $500-600, depending on the number of teeth which require removal.

Again, all vets are different.. we discount our grade 1 dentals to less than the cost of the anesthetic alone to try and promote preventative dental care.

You can't go wrong with Hamish at West Queanbeyan. It's a little out of your way, though. Some people recommend the vet at Hall, which is closer to you.

Most of the ACT vets are very expensive compared to those over the border in NSW. I have friends who travel from the southern side of Canberra to Yass to a better vet who charges less.

You can't go wrong with Hamish at West Queanbeyan. It's a little out of your way, though. Some people recommend the vet at Hall, which is closer to you.

Most of the ACT vets are very expensive compared to those over the border in NSW. I have friends who travel from the southern side of Canberra to Yass to a better vet who charges less.

I've only been to West Queanbeyan so I have no basis for comparison.

• 2 months later...

I had Penny's teeth done yesterday, $487 for initial consult, pre-med injection + another (which I can't remember what it was, but it sounded like a drug that is stolen from the chemist's), scale (they were in not good) 1 front wobbly tooth extracted, drip and AB's.

I was happy with it.

The seaweed powder (same as Proden Plaque-Off) and Petzlife don't seem to be working very well on her, the other two dogs teeth are pretty good but Penny has always had tooth problems.