Help Needed.........

Hi all,

Need some guidance here & hopefully some offers of help please :)

Was in Sydney today (I live in Newcastle) & met a lovely man with his dog who has found himself suddenly on the streets due to a marriage breakdown.

I know there are a lot of scammers out there but my gut tells me this man is genuine due to the way the meeting & conversation came about. His dog is very well cared for & he told me he was told to put the dog down or take him with him on the streets. The dog is only young & he told me fully desexed/vaccinnated etc. He does not want to part with her & is doing everything in his power to hold onto her.

He has asked me (after our chat turned to dogs etc) if I knew anyone who may be able to help him & his dog get from the city to Wiseman's Ferry on Thursday to emergency accommodation? I said I would put it out there & try to get help.

I would drive to Sydney & take him myself however I do not have a car now till the weekend.

Can anyone make any suggestions? I do have a contact number for him if anyone can help.

Thank you.

Hi all,

Need some guidance here & hopefully some offers of help please :)

Was in Sydney today (I live in Newcastle) & met a lovely man with his dog who has found himself suddenly on the streets due to a marriage breakdown.

I know there are a lot of scammers out there but my gut tells me this man is genuine due to the way the meeting & conversation came about. His dog is very well cared for & he told me he was told to put the dog down or take him with him on the streets. The dog is only young & he told me fully desexed/vaccinnated etc. He does not want to part with her & is doing everything in his power to hold onto her.

He has asked me (after our chat turned to dogs etc) if I knew anyone who may be able to help him & his dog get from the city to Wiseman's Ferry on Thursday to emergency accommodation? I said I would put it out there & try to get help.

I would drive to Sydney & take him myself however I do not have a car now till the weekend.

Can anyone make any suggestions? I do have a contact number for him if anyone can help.

Thank you.

I saw a story that the Exodus Foundation and the RSPCA have joined up to help people in this situation.

Here are the contact details.

E-mail: [email protected]

Telephone: (02) 9770 7555

Thank you all for your replies so far............. :)

I will definitely pass on the helpline number but will also let him know of your kind offer for Saturday Dogmad :thumbsup:

Meeting him has made me think about what I & my furbabies would/could do under the same circumstances - it really is upsetting.